Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ward Dare Joe Calzaghe To Unretire, Finalize Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Hunter, but this is classless. He should have taken the high Road instead.

Comment

Not content with calling out a 4-years retired Calzaghe, no doubt Ward will insist on the fight being at 168 lbs and in the Oracle in Oakland. Some things never change!

That said, props on a great performance. 'Dre deserves to be p4p number 2 behind Mayweather now. Pacquiao's star has faded in recent fights; I'm not sure I'd even have him in my top 5 any more.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I like Hunter, but this is classless. He should have taken the high Road instead.

I agree. How do you call out retired fighters? Well I guess since Marquez did it to Floyd maybe Ward's team thinks lightning can strike twice

Comment

This would have mattered if Calzaghe was still active, but Ward smokes this guy since he's been partying and probably not taking care of his body.

If Calzone was active he'd be hiding out in a bunker somewhere in Europe to avoid Ward so meh, moot point.

Comment

Europe

Yanks and their geography.

Comment

I know how to get Joe outta retirement.

Offer him a ki a dat straight blow.

Say "Hey Joe. We got these 2 kilo's that you can take straight to the head if you bring your ass out of retirement".

How much you wanna bet Joe will be there quicker than those Jimmy John commercials LMAO!

Comment

what?????????????

Comment

LOL after this they will come out with

"Ok, now that you have come out of a 4-5 year retirement...drain yourself to 168 and come to our home town to fight"

Calling out at its finest...

Comment

On a serious note, yes, when Froch challenged Calzaghe, Froch wasn't proven. I actually thought Froch was a joke at the time because of his hands down, from the outside looking in, defenseless approach. So, no, Joe didn't duck Froch.

But, at the same time, if you're going to be smart and think outside the box, then you should also be able to realize that Calzaghe never fought anyone until he fought Jeff Lacy. Why do you guys think that Calzaghe was the underdog against Jeff Lacy? Because he never fought anyone until he fought Jeff Lacy that's why.

While I think Calzaghe is pretty damn good in H2H matchups, just starting your career and stepping up competition against Jeff Lacy in mid 2000's then retiring a few years after that after fighting Jones/B-Hop is weak if you ask me.

If Joe is going to make comments like that about Ward, I can see why they would ask him to come out of retirement right now.

Comment

Hey Calzaghe feasted on 40 year old fighters. Now its time to make his payback and be on the other end of the fence and get his ass beat by a younger guy. Ward should do a ****ing dance and shuffle like Calzaghe did when he was beating a shot RJJ.

Comment

Working...
                      X