Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux appearance on Miami Tv show (spanish)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
    Such a bum. This guy is so hyped its not even funny. I was talking to a kid on toys r us yesterday and asked him "have you heard of rigo?" and he was like "no wtf". No one knows this guy he hasnt fought anyone, why is he being mentioned at all.
    a kid at toys are us? what a loser you are

Comment

Thanks for sharin, fam.

I remember watchin Valdez's "El rey De La Habana" lolol, that was my s**t. good show.

And Nonito definetly ain't bout dat Rigo life!!

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
        esa película es muy buena!
        la vi muy comica

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          What makes you say that? I'm not even sure how well-known he is in the Cuban-American community! (I'm certain he's well-known on the island. Unfortunately, from an economic standpoint, the people are impotent.) Regardless, Rigondeaux's popularity isn't the issue. It's his ability that means something.

I read a lot of Rigo bashing here from people that don't know much if anything about him. The man is highly skilled, accomplished and talented. This isn't just some kid with nine pro bouts. "El Chacal" is an amateur legend with only about a dozen losses in approximately 400 bouts. He owns two Olympic golds among his other international honors.

I know that the pros is a different animal, but a talent like Guillermo is quite special. You hear Nonito call him "boring," not weak. That a guy like Freddie Roach (Rigo's first pro trainer) wanted "El Chacal" to challenge for a world championship almost immediately after turning pro speaks volumes. I've never heard of such a thing. Have you?
          Also Atlas says rigo might ne the best counter puncher in the game and body puncher

roach also said rigo is the best counter puncher in the game even better than mayweather, i am not saying i agree but thats what these guys said

Comment

What makes you say that? I'm not even sure how well-known he is in the Cuban-American community! (I'm certain he's well-known on the island. Unfortunately, from an economic standpoint, the people are impotent.) Regardless, Rigondeaux's popularity isn't the issue. It's his ability that means something.

I read a lot of Rigo bashing here from people that don't know much if anything about him. The man is highly skilled, accomplished and talented. This isn't just some kid with nine pro bouts. "El Chacal" is an amateur legend with only about a dozen losses in approximately 400 bouts. He owns two Olympic golds among his other international honors.

I know that the pros is a different animal, but a talent like Guillermo is quite special. You hear Nonito call him "boring," not weak. That a guy like Freddie Roach (Rigo's first pro trainer) wanted "El Chacal" to challenge for a world championship almost immediately after turning pro speaks volumes. I've never heard of such a thing. Have you?
            unfortunately it appears that you're preaching to the converted on the one hand and the wilfully ignorant on the other...
            but yes, i agree with your summary!

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
              Also Atlas says rigo might ne the best counter puncher in the game and body puncher

roach also said rigo is the best counter puncher in the game even better than mayweather, i am not saying i agree but thats what these guys said
              I seem to recall hearing Teddy make those comments. I don't think I ever heard Roach say that (not saying he didn't). Even if those guys never said those things, an experienced/knowledgeable eye would pick up that Rigo is a very skilled counter-puncher and a punishing body-puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post

I know Ramos was a bum but Rigo have a killer left straight to the kidney. Maybe one of the best if not the best as of now.

Donaire vs Rigo is a great fight because is difficult to land body shots on Donaire. Nonito keeps his hands down 24/7 and guard that kidney fairly well.

And when Rigondx throws them straight left hands he keeps his right hand down not protecting himself for a counter left hook. So, this fight is a 50/50.

Although, I'm a huge Donaire fan but I'm giving Rigondx a slight favor in this fight. That's just my opinion.

Comment

I seem to recall hearing Teddy make those comments. I don't think I ever heard Roach say that (not saying he didn't). Even if those guys never said those things, an experienced/knowledgeable eye would pick up that Rigo is a very skilled counter-puncher and a punishing body-puncher.
                  the one of roach he said it at his gym it wa son youtube when a guy was interviewing him he said first that gamboa would beat donaire and then he went on to say that about rigondeaux

Comment

roach also said something like he's the best fighter ever stepped into the wild card (by that i don't know whether he meant for their first day in the gym, which is slightly different to bets full stop, but anyway), also that rigondeaux is the most complete fighter he's ever worked with.

few good words of praise here too, from the likes of ronnie shields:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIBoxxigYsI

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                      roach also said something like he's the best fighter ever stepped into the wild card (by that i don't know whether he meant for their first day in the gym, which is slightly different to bets full stop, but anyway), also that rigondeaux is the most complete fighter he's ever worked with.

few good words of praise here too, from the likes of ronnie shields:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIBoxxigYsI
                      Thanks for posting that link, bro! Wow! That pumped me up! I'm a big film buff. I really appreciate things like editing, musical choice, cinematography, etc. This looks like a quality production. I recognized some of the voices lauding Rigondeaux, but not others. The director of the film obviously wants to make it clear that Guillermo is special. (And I agree.)

(On a side note, it pains me to see footage of my beloved homeland, allowed to rot by Castro and his regime. Cuba was the "Pearl of the Antilles" [as Columbus called her] in colonial times and "America's Playground" before Fidel. She was a vibrant land of beauty and culture, now barely clinging to fading glory.)

Comment

Working...
                      X