Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick video of me showing some punching speed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick video of me showing some punching speed.

I've done some recording, low quality phone camera and the circumstances didn't allow me to put anything special into the video because even though it's day there are people in the other room sleeping.

I also have my phone balanacing on my radiator >_> sorry for the crap angles and quality.

I will try again tonight when I can show technique, movement and power when everyones out the house, have a guard up as well

Best punch is my jab, My friend in sparring can't get past it, I'm also southpaw.

well you've obviously got pretty quick hands but your technique isn't great, keep your weight balanced and bring your hands back to your face, also don't flick out the jab, and when you double it up remember it's two single punches not two half punches etc.

Fully extend your punches and keep a tight guard, I'm in a rush, if you've got any other questions I'll try and help, along with others later.

Like I said, nice speed man, just work on sharpening up a bit.

Comment

Will do man, I'll update a bit tonight but the colouring of the room might be a bit red without any natural light.

I basically had to throw as many punches in a short amount of time without waking up my dad next room, In the process I forgot any tecnhique haha but just wanted to demonstrate the hand speed but tonight I'll apply the goods.

I'll see what improvements I can make, thanks for the advice.

Comment

What do you weigh?

Good speed from what we've seen but little jab taps and straight lefts don't prove much. Technique/Power looks poor. We need to see combinations/hooks to actualy see if you're any good.

What you are doing looks flashy but aint effective.

We need to see more.

Post a shadow boxing video.
        Last edited by Esquire Dale; 07-08-2009, 10:57 AM.

Comment

dp. ****in laptop

Comment

Originally posted by Esquire Dale View Post
            What do you weigh?

Good speed. Technique/Power looks poor though. We need to see more.

Post a shadow boxing video.
            cosigned....

at least you do have the speed which is hard to acquire, the skills can be learned but speed usually cant!

Comment

5,8 Reach 26, 19 years old almost 20. 140 pounds (10 stone)

but I want to make Lightweight limit, I've only been going gym for 2 months, and everything I'm doing I've had no training just watching boxing videos and my friend that works at the gym teaching me.

I am going to the boxing sessions soon because I want to be trained and become faster and such and then compete.

Haha ya the punches I threw were pretty much taps because I kept my distance and I didn't want to land the bombs because it would wake the people in my house.

---

On another note I've got a powerful Left hook, My brother who is 31 and weights 11 stone couldn't punch as hard as me when we had ago on one of those punching machines you sea in arcades at the beach.

We had 5 go's, I think first 2 tries i got around 680, then surprised him by getting a 780, I finished on 845, i think my brother has the videos he recorded us doing it.

record was 960.

I'll see what I can do tonight, and show some power.

Comment

Without training ...

I would say my strenghts are;

Speed
                Reaction time
                Movement
                Powerful left hook
                Get hit few times

Cons

Stamina

---

That's pretty much it, If I could apply what i do in 1st minute of sparring into the later sparring rounds I would be pretty good at that stage anyhow.

I'm not fit, my body fat percentage is less than 10% though, I can only run for 1.8 miles before stopping which is pretty lol, I need to apply the pressure and get fit.

Comment

show some vid of u schooling u partner. lolols

Comment

phone recordins r asssssssss...
                    :/

Comment

Working...
                    X