Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe-Kessler: Who's Your Pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at this point it is tough to say, both guys are strong and have good skills, and from right now i'd say that this fight is a pick'em, but i voted for kessler due to the fact that he has real good defense and good footwork not to forget that he has some power and is smart inside the ring.

only thing is, can kessler preform at his full ability in a mega bout? or will he get stage fright?

if kesslers nerves dont get the best of him i'd say he has a solid chance at beat joe. just as much as joe has a chance at beating him.............

Comment

at this point it is tough to say, both guys are strong and have good skills, and from right now i'd say that this fight is a pick'em, but i voted for kessler due to the fact that he has real good defense and good footwork not to forget that he has some power and is smart inside the ring.

only thing is, can kessler preform at his full ability in a mega bout? or will he get stage fright?

if kesslers nerves dont get the best of him i'd say he has a solid chance at beating joe. just as much as joe has a chance at beating him.............(alone, no help from the ref or judges,joe!)

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebar View Post
        Who honestly wants to see Joe fight some European robot over a top American guy?
        It's not a matter of choosing one over the other anymore. The Hopkins-Wright winner won't be available until the end of the year. Jermain Taylor is already set to fight Spinks and then the Miranda-Pavlik winner. That will tie him up for the rest of the year. Kessler is the best available opponent if Calzaghe wants to fight before the end of the year.

Even if Calzaghe waits, with the kind of lowball offers Frank Warren is making and Joke's unwillingness to fight overseas, there's no guarantee those fights will ever materialize...

Comment

Who honestly wants to see Joe fight some European robot over a top American guy?
          I would rather see Joe fight Kessler. This is really the only fight that matters in the SMW division. If either guy want to fight Hopkins, Wright, or Taylor do it after they fight each other.

This would be close fight. They both would be in there against somebody who would challenge them. Kessler has that great jab, but like mentioned before he seems to have a jab and a straight right and then little else. Against Andrade that's really all he needed because it worked over and over again. I think against Calzaghe he would be more creative. IMO they are even in a lot of areas, but would have to pick Kessler by SD in a close fight that could go either way.

Comment

I almost went with too close to call but then I thought that Calzaghe has to be near the end of his career while I would think that Kessler has to entering his prime.So considering that if anyone at 168 can beat JC it has to be Kessler who most consider the second best in the division.This fight could go either way but I would lean towards a close win for Mikkel.

Comment

I would like to see Calzaghe prove he is the best at 168 before he fights guys from other divisions. Kessler is not some guy that just came out of nowhere. He's been a champion for a couple of years now and has been ranked #1 by RING even before Calzaghe-Lacy. Handle Kessler and then he can fight whoever he wants...

Comment

I havent see much of kessler, but just heard on this forum about how good he is supposed to be. I was hearing the same about lacy as well but had hardly seen lacy.
                I will go for Joe becauase he has beaten better people and that is the only way i am able to judge it. The fact that Joe is one of the best out there is another reason to go for Joe. I'd prefer Joe to beat one of the americans but Kessler would be a good substitute.
                I dont want Joe to box Froch. To be honest i want Froch against kessler. And if Froch beats Kessler i would like to see Froch v Joe very much.

Comment

This is ludicrous.

Calzaghe has been on the scene for 15 years, while Kessler is not even on the scene yet.

Calzaghe and Lacy were considered 'by far' the top two in the division, weren't they joint #1?

Nobody gives a **** about Kessler in the US or UK. Joe on the otherhand is a huge name to American sports fans for his great wars on the Showtime network down the years (probably before this Kessler even turned pro), and is now known in the UK too.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    I havent see much of kessler, but just heard on this forum about how good he is supposed to be. I was hearing the same about lacy as well but had hardly seen lacy.
                    I will go for Joe becauase he has beaten better people and that is the only way i am able to judge it. The fact that Joe is one of the best out there is another reason to go for Joe. I'd prefer Joe to beat one of the americans but Kessler would be a good substitute.
                    I dont want Joe to box Froch. To be honest i want Froch against kessler. And if Froch beats Kessler i would like to see Froch v Joe very much.
                    Kessler and Froch need to fight to determine who deserves a shot at the great Calzaghe. And I think Froch takes him out.

Meanwhile Calzaghe needs to be looking at the big American fights he's always wanted, and he is.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                      I would like to see Calzaghe prove he is the best at 168 before he fights guys from other divisions. Kessler is not some guy that just came out of nowhere. He's been a champion for a couple of years now and has been ranked #1 by RING even before Calzaghe-Lacy. Handle Kessler and then he can fight whoever he wants...
                      Everyone knows Kessler is good now. But Joe has been champ for 10 years and Kessler has been champ for a couple of years u say..but has only been known for about 7 months.
                      Joe has proved he is the best at 168 for 8 of those 10 years but Kessler just so happens to come onto the scene. Joe can fight who he wants anyway. If he beats JT, Wright people will hardly penalize him for not haven fought Kessler. PBF can jump weights and not box people so it aint harmed him.
                      Why is it so important who British fight for you anyway? Why does it concern u so much?

Comment

Working...
                      X