Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones jr just can't let it go... will fight on this weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy not broke. When a person is at the top and is untouchable and goes out like he did, you can't let that go

Comment

I hope Roy beats the criminal Dawid Kostecki. A Polish site is reporting Jones may be fighting someone else, we'll know by the time of the weigh-in tomorrow.

Two up-and-coming HWs I've been following are on this card: Artur Szpilka, who'll be fighting Jameel McCline, and Krzysztof Zimnoch, who KOed Deontay Wilder in the amateurs.

Comment

i can't watch roy fight anymore

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
          Last I heard he's broke, he badly needs the money.
          nah, he aint broke.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sttag View Post
              It's what he does. Being broke or not doesn't matter much. He's still being payed large thousands to do what he loves. I'd do it until I can't move.
              Originally posted by Tha Don View Post
              Roy not broke. When a person is at the top and is untouchable and goes out like he did, you can't let that go
              Originally posted by thedarkness View Post
              nah, he aint broke.
              Hey that's what I heard, I'll look for the article.

I think the interview was on ESPN FNF during the period of his last fight. They talked about the reasons Roy should quit, and it was brought up that Roy said to one of the broadcasters there that the reason he was still fighting was because he is broke and needed the money.

Roy also stated that he didn't want the boxing world to know that he was broke after all the money he made while he was on top of the boxing game.

It's sad.
              Last edited by fceeviper; 06-28-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
                Hey that's what I heard, I'll look for the article.

I think the interview was on ESPN FNF during the period of his last fight. They talked about the reasons Roy should quit, and it was brought up that Roy said to one of the broadcasters there that the reason he was still fighting was because he is broke and needed the money.

Roy also stated that he didn't want the boxing world to know that he was broke after all the money he made while he was on top of the boxing game.

It's sad.
                What a load of bull****

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
                  Jones, especially, who was once king of the boxing world, should be willing to realize when enough is enough. His fights have become sad eulogies at this point and are edging ever closer to becoming tragedies.

We're on this Earth for such a short period of time. It's not right for one man to tell another man how he should live his life.
                  Last edited by mushahadeen; 06-28-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    What a load of bull****
                    Don't shoot the messenger.

Roy was one of my favorite boxers during his era on top.

Comment

Roy can carry on as long as he pleases, provided he can pass the medical exams.

but if money is the issue, why not just commentate? I don't see a point in sticking around to be cannon fodder for younger, stronger fighters

Comment

Working...
                      X