No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Roach Admits Fear in Marquez Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Roach Admits Fear in Marquez Trilogy

By Robert Morales - Promoters, trainers and the like often dole rhetoric to help sell a fight. It's probably been going on for as long as boxing has existed. It's up to reporters and fans to decide how much is fact, and how much is fiction. But Freddie Roach seems genuinely concerned about the third fight between MannyPacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, tentatively slated to take place Nov. 12 - probably at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Roach, Pacquiao's longtime trainer, on Wednesday played host to a media workout for another of his fighters - Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Chavez was typically late, so there was plenty of time for Roach to talk about Pacquiao-Marquez III. The first two fights - in 2004 and 2008 at featherweight and super featherweight - ended in a draw and split-decision victory for Pacquiao, respectively.

"I'm a little bit scared of that fight," Roach said. "I think Marquez might have our number. He can do well with certain styles and he seems to do well with our style.

I think we're bigger and better now, but that's my good solution, that we're bigger and better now."

This third fight would be at a catch-weight of 144 pounds.

"He just might know how to fight Manny Pacquiao," Roach said. "It makes me think, so I know I have my work cut out for me. I have to come up with a great game plan for that fight. It's obviously not an easy fight because, well, I know that he'll come to fight. I would have said that two weeks ago, too, but we were surprised that Shane (Mosley) didn't show up for the first time in his life. [Click Here To Read More]

good one freddie, now where do i sign?

Comment

Of course JMM always knew Pacman's number. This time fight gonna same as previous.

Comment

freddie had every reason to be worried, Pac's style isn't really suited to blow out JMM completely

if Pac didn't dominate JMM this time, i'll have doubts of him beating Floyd
        Last edited by MaD RoBoT; 05-18-2011, 11:21 PM.

Comment

now its time for fredde to sell the fight

freddi: "marquez is gonna trouble pac" come on *****s buy tickets, its ur one last hope if floyd wont fight us!"

Comment

No need to sell the fight...fight will sell itself!!!!
            Marquez WILL take Pac to hell and back by fighting him tooth and nail like their previous two bouts!
            As for the weight issue....nothing will change considering both weighed in at: Pac145 - JMM141 in their second bout!
            As for their 3rd bout, Pac will come in around 144 or 145 and JMM around 140 or 141 in NOV to conserve their speed! Again, not much different from their last bout!
            Its JMM's technique and skills that will give Manny problems..not the weight!
            Last edited by tusc1976; 05-18-2011, 11:32 PM.

Comment

"Absolutely, I can say that because we had a mediation," Arum said. "Whatever happened in the mediation is completely confidential. But after the mediation, Schaefer and I shook hands and said that we would - not that we would have to be buddies - but we would try to work together in the future.

But that's all I can say.

I'm not going to say what the mediation was about, who agreed to what."

This is quite a turn-around from what Arum said recently, that if he never does business with Golden Boy again, it would be too soon.
              Hope we hear some positive news from Schaefer about working with Top Rank again. This is some good stuff from Arum.

Comment

blah blah blah...same ole bs

Comment

Roach its too early to sell the fight.

Comment

Pacquiao will finish Marquez for good. This is a mis match. I want Pacquiao to fight Sergio Martinez!

Comment

Working...
                    X