Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll be Sparring Cruiser Weight Wilfrtedo Camacho.... Question is....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be Sparring Cruiser Weight Wilfrtedo Camacho.... Question is....

How Should I do against him. he's on box rec.

His record doesn't say much.. but he does have experience and been boxing alot longer than I.

Should I look to comepletely Dominate or something? Or should his experience still make him hard for me.

He started out a welter.. now he's Cruiser... and his last fight at Cruiser was a draw.

He's been KO'd once... and has lost 3 fights. with 3 draws and 2 wins.

How should a sparring match look between us two? He's definitely not welter or Cruiser anymore. He's about 220 he was telling me. He'll be my sparring before my fights on the 8,9th in the State P.A.L. tournament I won last year.

lemme know somethin guys. because I'm thinking I get schooled at the moment.
    Last edited by DA1CATAS; 10-28-2008, 02:58 PM.

Hard for me to say, I never seen the guy fight... u should do g00d tho

Comment

WHATEVER YOU DO DA1CATAS.....

REFRAIN FROM KNOCKING HIM OUT. fdsfdffdsdfddsfsdfsd

Comment

Just stick to your gameplan and do you...I'm sure you will do just fine. I have one question though; Why such a big dude?
        Last edited by Two Clips; 10-28-2008, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post

His record doesn't say much.. but he does have experience and been boxing alot longer than I.

Should I look to comepletely Dominate or something? Or should his experience still make him hard for me.

He started out a welter.. now he's Cruiser... and his last fight at Cruiser was a draw.

How should a sparring match look between us two? He's definitely not welter or Cruiser anymore. He's about 220 he was telling me. He'll be my sparring before my fights on the 8,9th in the State P.A.L. tournament I won last year.

lemme know somethin guys.
          you should take him very, very seriously, whether his record suggests he is a beast or not. that way, there are no surprises and you aren't shocked.

as im sure you know from boxing/competing, there are often huge skills gaps (and more importantly, experience and gaps in intangebiles) between even novice and open amateur fighters, let alone amateurs and pros. its not uncommon for a novice golden gloves champion to have difficulty adjusting to open and losing his first couple of open fighters.

i saw a great open fighter in my gym dominate a sparring session with a pro with a 3-5 record and get too comfortable. since he had been so aggressive in his attack, the pro ceased his first opportunity to land something serious and put him on the floor with a body shot for about 30 seconds.

so don't go by his record. take this sparring match very seriously and have respect for a professional... good luck

Comment

Just don't under-estimate him, take the first round to work him out, then work from there. Don't persume cause he was a bum in the pros, hes a crap sparring partner or he'll batter you.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post

lemme know somethin guys.
              da1,
              you're making it sound as if though you're sure he's worse than you. Don't make too many predictions about the sparring: just go in there and try to learn something from the experience.

Comment

It's sparring, why does it matter? Sparring is to go in there and get work, not have this big game plan to beat someone up.

Comment

Originally posted by Domey View Post
                  It's sparring, why does it matter? Sparring is to go in there and get work, not have this big game plan to beat someone up.
                  yeah ditto, I was taught sparring is for learning your own mistakes and how to develop game plans, not to rush in there and batter someone.

Comment

Working...
                  X