Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito mauled Martinez 12 years ago. Did Margarito cheat his whole career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
    if i was a betting man id pay after the Paul Williams fight when he start knocking everyone out
    This Larry youve been sharp lately. That Williams fight was legit though and one of my recent favorites.

Comment

Sergio is another hyped up pacroid. Every hater of Floyd wants Sergio to fight him & it doesn't matter that they are in two different weight class. Haters are so focus on finding a fighter to beat Floyd they would beg a heavyweight to drain himself down to 147-150 to try to make that fight. If Sergio is so good than fight in his weight class & stop looking for a big paycheck.

Comment

As I understand the rules someone from the opponent's team and someone from the boxing comission are supposed to be watching a boxer getting his hands wrapped starting with bare hands. After the hands are wrapped the wraps are signed to prevent tampering. If these rules were followed he would have to load his gloves right in front of professional boxing people. That does not seem likely to me. Steward was Cintron's trainer for his fight with Margarito and he witnessed the wrapping of Margarito's hands. He said Margarito's gloves were not loaded. Margarito seemed to hit damn hard in that Cintron fight.

Comment

I dont think he cheated anywhere throughout his career.Margarito balloned up in weight after the Cotto victory something he apparently never did,came in real heavy into camp suppose to have looked **** in sparring injured his back at one point and so had to lose a ****load off weight the last week,Capetillio was extremely worried (he has said this himself) before the fight and so loaded Margarito's wraps he said it was accidental which is bull**** whether Tony knew is another story anyway thats my opinion.On the Martinez video Capetillio did not train him at that time so it would be incredible for Margarito to have request his trainer load his wraps change trainers and do it again

Comment

I don't believe so. The first fight was just completely different (Cotto fight). Cotto was drawn into war straight away and hurt quite badly as early as the second round.

I think they saw Marg struggling with weight and not looking too good going into the Mosley fight and tried to find a way to beat him and still look impressive, as they knew that Mosley was a seriously tough hombre and had never been stopped before or never really tired badly in the late rounds, like Cotto had.

I think it was a bit of a desperation act and Nazim was quick enough to catch it. I just don't believe that anyone can go one, two, or even three massive, PPV, HBO, worldwide boxing fights without someone noticing something straight away.

I think you just need to watch the first four rounds of their first fight to see just how different it is. Cotto doesn't move away, he doesn't clinch and doesn't fight smart and he takes a serious beating in just those first three rounds to the body and face. He took more punishment and got hit more in those first 3 or 4 rounds than he did in the entire second fight combined. Different fighters, different times. You can't look at both fights and argue from that alone. If Margarito had been the same fighter, landed the same punches and Cotto had fought the same way, then you might be able to say "Hey look, his punches didn't bust him up as much", but the Lujan ear thing was because of Lujan's cauliflower ear from wrestling and it swelled up from all the punches landed to the side of his head. That's not that big a deal.

Most of the guys he was knocking out between everything were chumps anyway, and had been knocked out by other guys too.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
              if i was a betting man id pay after the Paul Williams fight when he start knocking everyone out
              Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              This Larry youve been sharp lately. That Williams fight was legit though and one of my recent favorites.
              You mean the three fights against Golden Johnson, who had been knocked out previously in half of his other losses, Cintron, who he beat even easier by KO before the Williams fight and was just kind of ****, and Cotto who has also shown himself to be defensively flawed and not the most resilient guy. Lots of heart, just not resilient.

Or maybe you mean all his big fights? You know that he had won every one of his title fights by KO leading up to the Williams fight and after, except for Clottey and Danny Perez?

I guess that just proves that he had been loading since the fight with Santos. Doesn't have anything to do with his style, stamina and pressure.

Comment

I've always felt the cheating began with Cotto. That fight was Margaritos last chance at super stardom and he wouldn't allow it to get away.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  I've always felt the cheating began with Cotto. That fight was Margaritos last chance at super stardom and he wouldn't allow it to get away.
                  When he fought Cintron
                  Kermit said, " I've never been hit so hard"
                  "it felt like I was getting hit with rocks"
                  that didn't mean anything until what happen
                  in the Mosley fight, I'm not saying Kermit would of
                  won, Margarito is a better fighter regardless...
                  but when you put one and one together
                  you assume lots of things...
                  but you have a good point...

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    I think Margarito gave a great performance on that
                    Martinez fight
                    even though Martinez wasn't the Martinez we
                    see today
                    he would destroy Margarito today
                    but on that cheating subject
                    is all based on opinions
                    he got caught in the Mosley fight and I believe
                    it wasn't the first time but that's my opinion
                    I don't believe his whole career...
                    I believe he did with Cintron even though I think
                    he could of beat Cintron without cheating,
                    definitely Cotto vs Margarito 1 my opinion and
                    the other millions of Puerto Ricans opinion too.

We Will Never Know
                    See this is what I have a problem with.
                    Cotto has soft skin and swells up and suts fairly easy. In the rematch take away the broken orbital bone in Margs eye and he looks unscathed. Cotto looked much worst and Tony hardly landed that fight because Cotto was on his Lance Armstrong 10 speed the whole night.
                    When Cotto fought Pac his faced looked almost as bad as it did in the Margs fight. Are you going to say that Pac was loading his gloves too?
                    Im not here to say he is clean because I will never know but I do know that the Mosley fight was suppose to be a easy win for him that would lead to the mega fight he wnated so he took a chance and loaded his gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      See this is what I have a problem with.
                      Cotto has soft skin and swells up and suts fairly easy. In the rematch take away the broken orbital bone in Margs eye and he looks unscathed. Cotto looked much worst and Tony hardly landed that fight because Cotto was on his Lance Armstrong 10 speed the whole night.
                      When Cotto fought Pac his faced looked almost as bad as it did in the Margs fight. Are you going to say that Pac was loading his gloves too?
                      Im not here to say he is clean because I will never know but I do know that the Mosley fight was suppose to be a easy win for him that would lead to the mega fight he wnated so he took a chance and loaded his gloves.
                      When had cottos face ever gotten like that pre margacheato? Also once something like that happens to u ur skin is much more prone to get cut easier.

Comment

Working...
                      X