Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins on Cloud: I Know I'm The Better Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins on Cloud: I Know I'm The Better Fighter

Despite celebrating his 48th birthday in January, Bernard Hopkins shows no signs of slowing down as he attempts to extend his record as boxing's oldest champion in New York on Saturday night.

Almost 20 years after his first world title tilt ended in defeat to Roy Jones in Washington, Hopkins will challenge for the IBF light-heavyweight title currently held by unbeaten Tavoris Cloud.

It will be Hopkins' first fight since his rematch loss via majority decision to Chad Dawson in April last year, which was assumed by many to be the last time the veteran Philadelphian would pull on the gloves.

However, Hopkins insists that while time will soon draw a close on his exploits, he is still "not satisfied" with a career that started in ignominious circumstances back in 1988, when he was outpointed on his debut by Clinton Mitchell.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Too old for my son Cloud. Your gonna get Beatdown bad.

Comment

We'll see that's all I can say guys were counting Hopkins out years ago when he fought Trinidad and he keeps Winning with the exception of calzaghe who just out worked Hopkins and I don't think you can go on his last performance against Dawson cause he was taller than Hopkins and a southpaw I think he has enough left to desicion cloud B-Hop has a much better resume than this kid.

Comment

You can never say never, it's Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
          Too old for my son Cloud. Your gonna get Beatdown bad.
          Fast hands are really the only way to beat Hop,(Taylor, Joe Cal)if he uses that to keep Bernard on the defensive, he can win! You cant beat him down tho, he's too crafty! Plus he'll hold and clinch rather than take punches!

Comment

I really hope Hopkins manages to make it to retirement without being KO'd. Particularly not by Cloud, who doesn't deserve such an accomplishment on his record.

Comment

I know this too, BHop.

Comment

@ 60 yr old. Hopkins' still fighting!

Comment

knowing is different from actually doing, just like how physical is not the same as mental

Comment

Working...
                  X