Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guerrero, Trout or Bradley are the only way floyd gets credibility!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tredh View Post
    I never said it has never happened and I am not really blaming PBF and Manny but I can criticize them for those decisions. It was a learned moved that both have taken to all-time new heights!!! I was really referring to pre-Tyson fights. Which why I said what I said.

Just to answer your question even though he wasn't really questioned I felt he should have been but John Ruiz was larger than Roy Jones and didn't really have credibility and needed some before that fight IMO. But its the same with PBF now people either so loved or hated ROY and PBF now that all they have to do is fight the bigger guy doesn't really matter the quality of the bigger guy.
    it has been the unfortunate byproduct of the PPV era. Tyson, ODH, floyd fights in a sense aren't really boxing matches but entertainment. Stars would fill seats only when tyson fight began. Teenage girls would fill the arena when ODH came out.

Meanwhile Brian Vilora can't get on FNF or shobox let alone HBO. Hoepfully the networks showing more boxing will change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Furthermore, even the Jones/Ruiz comparison is stupid. Roy fought at heavyweight 1 time & never returned. Floyd fought at 154 twice & wants to fight ginger there, see the difference??
      So floyd fighting ODH and cotto at 154 for titles-even though you know both were for the money primarily and he likely returns to 147 after each-in your mind makes hima 154lber?

SO will you please answer the questios?

when he beat ODH, for the same title, was floyd a JMW?

has floyd been a JMW since then?

when roy beat ruiz was he a heavyweight or was he a heavyweight champion? see the difference?

is josesito lopez a JMW or a ww?
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-24-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        SO will you please answer the questios?

when he beat ODH, for the same title, was floyd a JMW?

has floyd been a JMW since then?

when roy beat ruiz was he a heavyweight or was he a heavyweight champion? see the difference?
        When Floyd beat Oscar those many years ago, he was not a jrmw. But his last fight was there & he intends to fight ginger there again.

Like I said, Jones fought at heavyweight 1 time & never returned. Not compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          it has been the unfortunate byproduct of the PPV era. Tyson, ODH, floyd fights in a sense aren't really boxing matches but entertainment. Stars would fill seats only when tyson fight began. Teenage girls would fill the arena when ODH came out.

Meanwhile Brian Vilora can't get on FNF or shobox let alone HBO. Hoepfully the networks showing more boxing will change that.
          LLS unfortunate is a huge understatement but I know what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            When Floyd beat Oscar those many years ago, he was not a jrmw. But his last fight was there & he intends to fight ginger there again.

Like I said, Jones fought at heavyweight 1 time & never returned. Not compatible.
            of course he will fight canelo there. its because floyd fights JMW as a WW when he can make big money doing it. Of course he likely will fight guerrero or bradley before that, 2 fights you said were ok. Why would it be ok for JMW champion floyd to fight ghost/bradley?

in other words, roy was a heavyweight champion, not a heavyweight. and we know you think lopez is a jww even though his last 2 fights were at ww and JMW.

Comment

Isn't Trout too Big?

Comment

floyd cherry picks get over it already.
                The excuses his fanboys come out with are so over the top its laughable
                they bash one guy for not going up in weight to challenge himself
                yet they protect Floyd when is being bashed for the same reason
                you cant have it both ways guys

Comment

Working...
                X