No announcement yet.

Keys To Getting Ripped Abs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys To Getting Ripped Abs?

Sick of carring weight round my midsection. I really wanna be ripped & have abs.

Am thinking hard training (cardio) & cut down on the calories does the trick?

Yes. You'd be correct.

Then to avoid skinny fat-itis. You have to get to them sit ups, crunches, leg raises, etc etc.

Comment

weighted situps can help them pop out more, like sit ups with a medicine ball over your head, or full situps not just crunches.

posture is also very important.

Comment

Green tea, grapefruits, eat a lot of protein, tons of water. RUN your a.ss off.

Comment

You should focus on getting in shape(not talking about looks....) instead of looking to have " ripped abs".

Comment

You will more than likely need to get your body fat below 10%, it's that simple. Diet, diet and diet.

Don't listen to the weight lifters who come in here and say you don't need cardio,you could get the result without it but you DO need cardio for a healthy life so go get some and you will probably need to watch your macros and count calories if you want to really get low fat levels.

Comment

how many miles then per day do i have to jog to get this abs? im low pretty low now on my weight my abs showin just a lil but still aint showin fully,

Comment

Honestly, its a game of three factors:

1) You do need to have a good abdominal routine focussing on toning and building the stomach muscles to a degree.

2) You can't underestimate the benefits of distance running for shifting body fat around the waist. I aim for 35-50 miles a week, which includes speedwork, hills etc.

3) Diet: even with the best training plan and hard work, a diet of fast food, and junk puddings/ice cream/chocolate etc will cripple your plan.

Very lastly......and sadly, there are many individuals who just don't have the genetics for a sculptured waistline. There are dozens of professional boxers who run loads of miles a week and have the best abdominal routines and nutricionists and don't get a six pack!

A recent example was the British fight last weekend, won by Gary Buckland over Gary Sykes. Buckland was clearly in amazing shape and fought at a terrific pace for 12 rounds, but didn't look sculpted in the abdominal stakes despite terrific training.

Comment

TS, core exercises will do very little to reduce fat around your abdomen. You cannot "tone" a specific area of the body. Fat loss is the result of both diet and exercise. Sit ups, leg raises, crunches are done to strengthen your abs. Like someone above mentioned roadwork in the morning is a great way to lose weight, especially on an empty stomach since the body has to use fat reserves for energy as opposed to glycogen. I'd also mix it with wind or hill sprints as well but no more than two times a week.

Lastly, remember boxing is not a bodybuilding contest. The visibility of your abs will not help you perform better or win a fight. Its your skills, speed, and stamina that do the job.

Comment

Working...
                  X