Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Chad Dawson ever be the same again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He got exposed. He was weight drained though.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      dawson and taylor have nothing in common in terms of their state of mind. taylor was a slacker who held back in fights bcuz he knew he wasnt in shape. but in shape or just having it his way taylor was a fighter first and a boxer second, in fact thats one of his biggest flaws. he would fight guys he would be better of boxing.

dawson is a hard worker, he holds back in fights bcuz hes a pure boxer and isnt even trying to hurt you most of the time. he just boxes, stays in control and takes it a round at a time. hes also very relaxed and comftorable in there, almost too conftorable sometimes which is when he lays back. jermain had more nervous energy than i have ever seen at this level which is also why he gassed and had to fight in spurts.
      You made a topic about Steward being the right trainer for Dawson and you criticized Scully as the wrong trainer for Dawson. You were on point about that.
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-16-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Let him build his confidence again, I'm still a big fan, love his style.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          No he should retire. He's boxing for money now
          Every pro boxer fights for money. Unless Dawson could find a job where he makes more money retire should not be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Ward took him to school toyed with him and made him quit. I'm a big fan of Dawson but a I'm a bit worried that this fight messed him up mentally.

Should he take a long rest or try to come right back as soon as possible? When he comes back he needs a great performance against a top fighter....so who do you think Chad Dawson should fight next?
            Of course Chad will be the same. He knows what he can do and he learned what he cannot do in terms of competing at the elite level AFTER having been drained.

Dawson said in the post-fight interview that he didn't want to take anything from Ward as Ward performed beautifully. However, he wants and Dawson fans want to see Ward now return the courtesy and rematch Dawson at 175lbs and see if things play out the same.

They very well could, but its up to Ward to accept the challenge as willingly as Dawson did coming down to Andre's neck of the woods(168).

Time will tell. It would definitely sell out and be a hit with fans.

Comment

Froch vs Dawson would be a great clash of styles,

I think Froch wins by KO, but Dawson still has the skills to give Froch a very hard time.

Comment

He should have never moved down in weight. Bad move on his part, but he has no one to blame but himself.

Comment

Quitting in front of millions of fans had to take it's toll, I would be embarrassed to be seen in public if I was him. Like Duran before him,Chad "get me out of here" Dawson needs to come back and have a signature win if he wants the respect of not only the fans but himself back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    He's the same as he always is. All the physical gifts and talent in the world. Nothing upstairs.
                    Have you watched Dawson`s earlier fights or are you just Troll?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
                      You made a topic about Steward being the right trainer for Dawson and you criticized Scully as the wrong trainer for Dawson. You were on point about that.
                      Scully is partly to blame cause Scully should have known better to not allow Dawson to take that chance in coming down to 168.After the Dawson/Ward fight Scully mentioned that he remembers Chris Byrd coming down to cruiser-weight and getting knockout by a light puncher.He was aware of that but yet because Dawson told him he could make the weight without it affecting him, Scully went along with it.I`m sure Byrd thought he could make the cruiser-weight without it affecting him also or else he would`nt have came down to cruiser-weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X