Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$700 billion bailout bill just got rejected!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] $700 billion bailout bill just got rejected!

well now this should be interesting. no point in buckling your seat belt since the roller coaster just derailed....

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
    well now this should be interesting. no point in buckling your seat belt since the roller coaster just derailed....
    How will this affect the US economy? I've not really followed it.
    Last edited by JAM!; 09-29-2008, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Fry View Post
      How will this affect the US econimy? I've not really followed it.
      Yes, please.

Someone explain.

Comment

Looks like the stock market is taking it right down the pipe as of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Fry View Post
          How will this affect the US economy? I've not really followed it.
          i'm not really sure but the potential of complete disaster is definitely on the verge. granted, the main opposition towards this bill is people saying to leave the banks alone, let them suffer, and the economy will naturally rebound.

it sounds nice and fair and of course there IS potential for the economy, and the banks, to recover. but there's now potential of a much greater disaster that could surpass the Great Depression.

a lot of these large banks (Washington Mutual, Wachovia, Lehman) were taken over by other larger banks who haven't taken as bad of a beating (Bank of America, JP/Chase, Citi).

my question is how many of these huge banks were counting on the bailout to help relieve them in the acquisition? will this disease spread to our largest financial institutions now? if so, we're screwed beyond screwed.

Comment

I'm glad it got rejected.. people ***** and whine about welfare then are ok with corporate welfare? **** that. they got money.. if they couldn't save themselves from this **** that's on them.

Comment

I'll send each of of you yanks £1
              Spend it wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
                i'm not really sure but the potential of complete disaster is definitely on the verge. granted, the main opposition towards this bill is people saying to leave the banks alone, let them suffer, and the economy will naturally rebound.

it sounds nice and fair and of course there IS potential for the economy, and the banks, to recover. but there's now potential of a much greater disaster that could surpass the Great Depression.

a lot of these large banks (Washington Mutual, Wachovia, Lehman) were taken over by other larger banks who haven't taken as bad of a beating (Bank of America, JP/Chase, Citi).

my question is how many of these huge banks were counting on the bailout to help relieve them in the acquisition? will this disease spread to our largest financial institutions now? if so, we're screwed beyond screwed.
                If you are gonna bail out AIG then you better bail out everyone with some debt...
                Everyone who lost a house and ****. It's only fair.

Comment

Originally posted by travi$ View Post
                  Spend it wisely.
                  Given the exchange rate, I think it'll feed me for six months.

Comment

Originally posted by travi$ View Post
                    Spend it wisely.
                    we will live like kings with that £1

Comment

Working...
                    X