Collapse
No announcement yet.

In all fairness, how do you look Pac, JMM, and Floyd. Can Gamboa beat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa cannot beat Broner. I, again, think VERY highly of Broner (first of all, he's damn entertaining and...) He's incredibly well-rounded and skilled.

Floyd > JMM > Pac (not considering resumes): It just is what it is. I will say one thing, Marquez was a lot more stationary this time around, and obviously in hindsight we know that was planned, but had he not landed that shot on Pac and had Pac won enough rounds and legitimately got the decision, I can't help but think people would be calling Marquez a "stationary plodder, slow" and someone who should've boxed Manny the way he had before. Just find it interesting the way things could've played out or had that right hand and situation played out with a lesser opponent than Marquez and what we would've said...anyways, I'm drifting.

Pacquiao done? It's one thing to lose to a guy as great as Marquez, it's completely different to be stopped and knocked out cold in that fashion. Pacquiao walked himself into a devastating shot and there really was no reason to do so. The thing that also worries me is the 3rd round knock down (granted, I'll need to see the fight again). I've seen Manny take a lot of flush, solid shots and recuperate on his feet, his punch resistance seemed very poor. That was telling. After 60 fights (this being 61st) and nearing 18 years in the game, it's normal for one to be in decline physically and yet when it happened I was like, 'damn, that's not good.'

Pacquiao should take a "soft touch" opponent, maybe even in the Philippines, and see where he's at physically after this loss.

JMM, congrats to him. But continuing, it would really be nice if this guy didn't take some random ass fight in Mexico while he waits for maybe another Pacquiao clash...just fight Bradley. That's a good fight. And Bradley deserves that chance again, I think. Or Guerrero, or even a Garcia.

Floyd - if his intentions are to fight Canelo, then he should do it as soon as possible. Floyd will only get older, Canelo will only get better. Make the fight for May 4th and then Guerrero later in the year.

Marquez can't beat Mayweather. He may do better, but stylistically Mayweather won't allow for those opportunities, he won't be walking straight in like Pacquiao. And Marquez would have to settle on being the aggressor.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
      Gamboa cannot beat Broner. I, again, think VERY highly of Broner (first of all, he's damn entertaining and...) He's incredibly well-rounded and skilled.

Floyd > JMM > Pac (not considering resumes): It just is what it is. I will say one thing, Marquez was a lot more stationary this time around, and obviously in hindsight we know that was planned, but had he not landed that shot on Pac and had Pac won enough rounds and legitimately got the decision, I can't help but think people would be calling Marquez a "stationary plodder, slow" and someone who should've boxed Manny the way he had before. Just find it interesting the way things could've played out or had that right hand and situation played out with a lesser opponent than Marquez and what we would've said...anyways, I'm drifting.

Pacquiao done? It's one thing to lose to a guy as great as Marquez, it's completely different to be stopped and knocked out cold in that fashion. Pacquiao walked himself into a devastating shot and there really was no reason to do so. The thing that also worries me is the 3rd round knock down (granted, I'll need to see the fight again). I've seen Manny take a lot of flush, solid shots and recuperate on his feet, his punch resistance seemed very poor. That was telling. After 60 fights (this being 61st) and nearing 18 years in the game, it's normal for one to be in decline physically and yet when it happened I was like, 'damn, that's not good.'

Pacquiao should take a "soft touch" opponent, maybe even in the Philippines, and see where he's at physically after this loss.

JMM, congrats to him. But continuing, it would really be nice if this guy didn't take some random ass fight in Mexico while he waits for maybe another Pacquiao clash...just fight Bradley. That's a good fight. And Bradley deserves that chance again, I think. Or Guerrero, or even a Garcia.

Floyd - if his intentions are to fight Canelo, then he should do it as soon as possible. Floyd will only get older, Canelo will only get better. Make the fight for May 4th and then Guerrero later in the year.

Marquez can't beat Mayweather. He may do better, but stylistically Mayweather won't allow for those opportunities, he won't be walking straight in like Pacquiao. And Marquez would have to settle on being the aggressor.
      Marquez is aware of manny's bad habit of crossing squaring up and crossing his feet, so he took advantage of it.

Prior to the 3rd round knockdown, Marquez was landing plenty of left hooks downstairs in that round.

He ends ups feinting downstairs, manny reacts by moving back starting with his lead foot instead of his back foot, and then comes the overhand right putting him on his ass.

They teach beginners in boxing gyms don't ever cross your feet. If you're moving backwards, you start with your rear foot. manny violated these principles and paid the price.

Getting knockdown in the 3rd round was a combination of being rocked and poor balance

Comment

Good posts.

Comment

How do you perceive these 3?

JMM ATG
          Pacquiao ATG
          Floyd Defensive great... cant say all time because he is a question mark

How do you rank them?

JMM - 1 I gotta give JMM the #1 because despite him having to overcome the adversity of fighting the judges, the mafia, his own promoter, size discrepancy, and a ****ing legend like Pacquiao he comes in at 40 years old and ices pacquiao. Legendary somehow falls short of his accomplishment

PAC - 2 - His Legend status is unquestionable. Granted his fights at the higher weight classes were against lesser but very well known opposition and the size disparity can not be overlooked. He will be remembered in a great great light.

Floyd - 3 What an athlete this guy. Unfortunately he always let fighters pursue him instead of him actively seeking out the challenges. After avenging his unofficial loss to Castillo he never really did much to amaze me besides elbow hatton to death with the assistance of cortez.

Who is the best of the 3?

P4P Id have to give it to JMM though i believe they would lose to Floyd because he is much bigger.

Is Pacquiao done?

Right after the KO i would have said no. However when interviewed about future fights he seemed discouraged and totally out of control of his future.

What should be next for each of the 3 fighter?

Id like to Marquez and Pacquiao retire maybe at a joint conference as friends would be sweet. If not maybe Marquez passing on the virtual crown to a fellow countryman of high caliber in the way his stablemate Daniel Zaragoza at one point did to Morales.

Can Marquez beat Floyd?

No, Marquez is just way way too small. With all the additional bulk he had on top he was way to top heavy and was off balance most of the fight. Also Floyd is a cheater and would never come in on weight if it meant he had to dehydrate.

Do you feel for Pacquiao?

Absolutely the man is a legend and he got put to sleep. However other legends like Duran, also suffered such situations.

Is Pacquiao done?

I do not think so. I think he could beat many guys at the 135-140lb weight classes still.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
            How do you perceive these 3?

JMM ATG
            Pacquiao ATG
            Floyd Defensive great... cant say all time because he is a question mark

How do you rank them?

JMM - 1 I gotta give JMM the #1 because despite him having to overcome the adversity of fighting the judges, the mafia, his own promoter, size discrepancy, and a ****ing legend like Pacquiao he comes in at 40 years old and ices pacquiao. Legendary somehow falls short of his accomplishment

PAC - 2 - His Legend status is unquestionable. Granted his fights at the higher weight classes were against lesser but very well known opposition and the size disparity can not be overlooked. He will be remembered in a great great light.

Floyd - 3 What an athlete this guy. Unfortunately he always let fighters pursue him instead of him actively seeking out the challenges. After avenging his unofficial loss to Castillo he never really did much to amaze me besides elbow hatton to death with the assistance of cortez.

Who is the best of the 3?

P4P Id have to give it to JMM though i believe they would lose to Floyd because he is much bigger.

Is Pacquiao done?

Right after the KO i would have said no. However when interviewed about future fights he seemed discouraged and totally out of control of his future.

What should be next for each of the 3 fighter?

Id like to Marquez and Pacquiao retire maybe at a joint conference as friends would be sweet. If not maybe Marquez passing on the virtual crown to a fellow countryman of high caliber in the way his stablemate Daniel Zaragoza at one point did to Morales.

Can Marquez beat Floyd?

No, Marquez is just way way too small. With all the additional bulk he had on top he was way to top heavy and was off balance most of the fight. Also Floyd is a cheater and would never come in on weight if it meant he had to dehydrate.

Do you feel for Pacquiao?

Absolutely the man is a legend and he got put to sleep. However other legends like Duran, also suffered such situations.

Is Pacquiao done?

I do not think so. I think he could beat many guys at the 135-140lb weight classes still.
            Floyd didn't cheat Marquez, and ranking Floyd 3rd out of the 3 is dubious, but...I have to respect your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              Gamboa has no chance against Broner.
              He never had one in the first place, Gamboa is a beast but he needs to stay away from 135 in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                He never had one in the first place, Gamboa is a beast but he needs to stay away from 135 in my opinion.
                Gamboa has speed and power. He weighed almost 150 last night and maintained that speed and power. Broner doesn't run, he stands there and gives you chances. Gamboa could put hands on Broner.

I'd favor Boner but there's nothing about beating DeMarco (bum) which makes me think he'd wipe out Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
                  Gamboa has speed and power. He weighed almost 150 last night and maintained that speed and power. Broner doesn't run, he stands there and gives you chances. Gamboa could put hands on Broner.

I'd favor Boner but there's nothing about beating DeMarco (bum) which makes me think he'd wipe out Gamboa.
                  Broner will wipe the floor with Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    The fact that he weighed 148 on fight night tells me that he'll be @135 soon. I really don't think he'd beat Broner, wouldn't mind if he proved me wrong though.

Comment

In all fairness and in my opinion,

I'd rank them with floyd being number one, next is the Pacman and then Marquez. but this is really a very very close call.

I am judging them base on their body of work throughout their career, and that where greatness lies.

yes, we can all laugh at Floyd's numerous ducking and other negative stuffs in and out the ring, but at the end of the day, he can still say something like "i didn't lose to nobody, hell i even schooled marquez and i would do it again if they'd ask me to". his greatness is still arguable but damn, he's just a winner no matter where you see it, he has a solid resume and super great skills.

Styles make fights, and pacquiao probably has the greatest body of work among them, but it just happened he has all the balls to fight his kryptonite over and over again, i mean how can u beat someone when your style is tailor made for him, not just his style but everything about him, his mentality and patience also are all tailor made for marquez's.

just like someone said here, fighting a guy of your weakness over and over is like giving your opponent a lot of chances to finally beat you. and thats what happened. JMM finally beat pacquiao.

pacquiao is done? its sad but i would have to say yes.. I've watched the 3rd fight like gazillion times in my laptop, i've watched the boxingfury.com strategy why marquez was so effective against pac, and the truth is marquez landed more super precise and super strong hammering right hands of various forms and angles during the 3rd fight and pac was taking them like hot cakes. but not this time around. im not making any excuses for pac but it is what it is. our body has its limits..

he should make a farewell fight at philippines and retire.

can gamboa beat broner? i would have to say NO. broner is too precise and strong for that chin and far harder to hit than Farenas.

Comment

Working...
                      X