No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Brook: We Wanted Devon Alexander For July 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Brook: We Wanted Devon Alexander For July 7th

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn has confirmed to WBN that he has been in touch with Golden Boy Promotions about a possible fight between Kell Brook and Devon Alexander.

[Click Here To Read More]

But instead he'll prob fight someone like young mutley. Why would he not want to go to the states for a fight, prob cause he cant get a visa after beating up a fat nightclub boss in the girls toilets.

Comment

Good to hear no duck accusations, this seems like it was simply a logistical issue.

It'll be fine if Brook goes on to beat like Zaveck in July and fights Alexander in the fall.

Although......here is what's gonna happen if Floyd doesn't fight Pac.

Ortiz/Berto 2 winner vs. Devon......Winner of that vs. Floyd May 2013.

Comment

I don't think he is ready for Alexander! Would be an entertaining fight though.

Oh and of course Clottey said no. He is still too busy spending that Pacquiao money. I'm still upset that he threw that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn has confirmed to WBN that he has been in touch with Golden Boy Promotions about a possible fight between Kell Brook and Devon Alexander.

[Click Here To Read More]
          He didn't want Alexander but wanted to use Alexander's name to get publicity.
          Golden Boy told them to come and fight in the USA on 18 August and then they said the fight could only be in Sheffield in July.Honestly who is Brook that he would want to dictate dates and venues?Just shows they didn't want Alexander.

Comment

Good that the situation hasn't been taken out of proportion.Seems like a scenario of bad timing,although homefield will be a factor going into serious negotiations.Brook should fight Dulorme.He's also in the hunt for a wbo title shot.I think if they don't fight soon i think they'll eventually run into each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
              He didn't want Alexander but wanted to use Alexander's name to get publicity.
              Golden Boy told them to come and fight in the USA on 18 August and then they said the fight could only be in Sheffield in July.Honestly who is Brook that he would want to dictate dates and venues?Just shows they didn't want Alexander.

I was thinking the same thing... why should Devon have to go out to England??

Comment

Originally posted by Best in Boxing View Post
                I was thinking the same thing... why should Devon have to go out to England??

His promoter got the date and venue a ways back.

He wasn't go to sacrificed a commitment to fight Alexander in a mystery location in the USA at a later time.

Some really slow people on the board today.

Comment

This fight is a little too late, They can fight someone else who is available for July and then they can resume talks with Alexander for a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    This fight is a little too late, They can fight someone else who is available for July and then they can resume talks with Alexander for a later date.
                    Agreed. Alexander still needs to fight a real WW.

Brook should fight Zaveck.

Comment

Working...
                    X