..........................lol

Comment

Honest to god its 99% impossible.

Doesnt matter how many calories...heres how the body works

muscle = a brick wall
      demolition men = training
      builders = rest
      bricks = calories

You cant make the wall bigger without knocking it down a little 1st.

You have a wall 10 bricks high
      You want to increase your wall to 50 bricks high
      So you use demolition men to knock the wall down by 1 brick once a week.
      The builders can only lay bricks 2 a week.

So after 6 weeks you have a wall 15 bricks high.

Roy jones managed to build his wall 50 bricks high in this scenario.

Steroids = builders that can lay bricks 10 at a time

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        I understand that, but within the hardcore boxing community no one even cared about it.
        No, people cared. But it's like putting a pot on the stove. It takes a while to boil. But the pot's been simmering a long time and now it's ready.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          True. Means very little at the end of the day. But he did do a wonderful job with Jones and Hopkins.
          Not just jones and hokins, almost everyone he works with.

maybe this had something to do with it to:

When we (Jones Jr.) fought John Ruiz, we went in there to break his nose, get him to breathe through his mouth, target his chest with shots; essentially reverse CPR to slow his heart rate. Tarver was lucky he didnt have his jaw broken, because that was the goal in training Bernard. I consulted with surgeons as to how to break a jaw. We called Tarver a cobra, because cobras only have one type of attack. I had Bernard Hopkins reading about mongooses, an animal particularly effective in killing cobras. So what Im getting at is that all the other sports pale in comparison. Boxers literally have to look out for their lives. - Mackie Shilstone

Comment

When we (Jones Jr.) fought John Ruiz, we went in there to break his nose, get him to breathe through his mouth, target his chest with shots; essentially reverse CPR to slow his heart rate. Tarver was lucky he didnt have his jaw broken, because that was the goal in training Bernard. I consulted with surgeons as to how to break a jaw. We called Tarver a cobra, because cobras only have one type of attack. I had Bernard Hopkins reading about mongooses, an animal particularly effective in killing cobras. So what Im getting at is that all the other sports pale in comparison. Boxers literally have to look out for their lives. - Mackie Shilstone
            Ironically, Roy enlisted him again for the Tarver rematch.

Comment

also, for the record hopkins worked with Shilstone when he fought Joe Calzaghe. So obviously it's not like he makes you into superman (as hopkins did show a lot of fatigue in the later rounds).

Comment

the guy really is a legend

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Ironically, Roy enlisted him again for the Tarver rematch.
                  haha, maybe shilstone is better at gaining weight than losing it. I know he worked with Riddick Bowe at some point to lose weight (didn't last long).

Comment

haha, maybe shilstone is better at gaining weight than losing it. I know he worked with Riddick Bowe at some point to lose weight (didn't last long).
                    Mackie probably fired himself from that job.

Comment

Did Roy cheat, well depends on what you consider to be cheating. Is cheating having a PED/Andro/Crank in your system when your actually in the ring against an opponent or is it cheating taking a PED/Andro/Crank sometime in the 6-7 months prior to gain the weight so you can be a heavy weight.

Did Roy put on 25lbs in 6 weeks, no way in hell, that’s just Roy being Roy and sensationalizing it like he is Superman. Even with roids that would be hard, and if he did, there is no way he would have been able to put on the performance he did, having the speed and stamina to last 12 rounds. If you look at his pics from when he was that big he looks to be carrying a lot of water weight, I would say maybe 12lbs of muscle and 12 pounds of other (fat/water etc). Did he take crank maybe, but he would definitely have needed some assistance, maybe even an Andro which can be bought over the counter but is not considered a steroid. Rip fuel is not an anabolic steroid, rip fuel is more like ephedrine it’s a weight loss supplement, dries your body out so you look more ripped, or in a fighters case make weight. So something else made him test way over for testerone and you can draw your own conclusions as to what that was but it wasn’t ripped fuel.

As much as we would like to believe otherwise, most top boxers do use some form or other of drugs that are banned by the Boxing Commission’s but may not be illegal. How else do you recover from injury’s so quickly, or recover from fights or even keep there weight down in between fights. If most Joe blow’s in any gym use all sorts of supplements that could be banned by the commission why wouldn’t top athletes. But I also believe that most guys are clean during their actual fights. Most heavy weights at some point or another use PED’s that’s why a lot of them are heavy weights, Even big tubalards like Arreola. At least it’s not like MMA where everyone is using steroids most of the time and its an accepted part of the culture in that sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X