No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rodriguez Wants Andre Ward After Super Four Tourney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rodriguez Wants Andre Ward After Super Four Tourney

On March 30th, super middleweight contender Edwin "La Bomba" Rodriguez (22-0-15 KO's) will be facing Ezequiel Maderna (19-0-13 KO's) at Salle des Etoiles, Monte Carlo in Monaco. This fight is part of the "Super Four" tournament, where four fighters will compete for the prize of one million - with the final match on July 13. The fights will be held at the catch-weight of 171 pounds. In the secon bracket, Zsolt Erdei (33-0, 18 KOs) and Denis Grachev (12-1-1, 8 KOs) will battle. [Click Here To Read More]

Lol Rodriguez

Comment

Rodriguez wins this tourney but I hope he's not looking past them.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

putting super in front of things doesn't automatically make it super.

Comment

Damn, a one million dollar prize. That is good incentive.

Comment

Lol super 4 tournament y'nah! Sounds ridiculous... If Andre Ward is seriously about cementing a legacy like he says he will be ringside for Froch-Kessler II and call-out the winner, beat them again worse than the first time, and then move up to 175lbs like he shoulda done for the Chad Dawson fight. Nahmean. Or if he dont wanna go up, move down to 160lbs and fight Sergio Martinez. Andre Ward needs to get serious if he wants to be considered a P4P playa.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
              Lol super 4 tournament y'nah! Sounds ridiculous... If Andre Ward is seriously about cementing a legacy like he says he will be ringside for Froch-Kessler II and call-out the winner, beat them again worse than the first time, and then move up to 175lbs like he shoulda done for the Chad Dawson fight. Nahmean. Or if he dont wanna go up, move down to 160lbs and fight Sergio Martinez. Andre Ward needs to get serious if he wants to be considered a P4P playa.
              Why would the champ call out someone ranked lower than him? And not to mention he already beat both of them. That makes no sense.

Realistically there's no else for Ward to fight at 168 or really 175. His popularity will suffer because of it, but hey that's the card he's dealt.

As long as he fights who they put in front of him and beats him you gotta give him credit for doin what he's supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktx View Post
                Why would the champ call out someone ranked lower than him? And not to mention he already beat both of them. That makes no sense.

Realistically there's no else for Ward to fight at 168 or really 175. His popularity will suffer because of it, but hey that's the card he's dealt.

As long as he fights who they put in front of him and beats him you gotta give him credit for doin what he's supposed to do.
                lol there isn't really anybody ranked above him but I don't think he should call them out. They probably will by their self.
                But this super four thing sounds like a ghetto version of the super 6 lol

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
                  Incorrect. What he has done in the Super Six, as well as what he has done afterward has rightfully got him considered as a P4P playa already.

NO reason for him to go down in weight to face Martinez. he has proved his supremacy in his division. A willingness to fight weight drained and not at your best, to prove you can still is not a requirement for greatness. Dont be fooled! All a catchweight is, is saying "I cant beat you at your best, please come down X Lbs so i can fight a weakened version of you."

Comment

I think he's looking a bit too far ahead. No way Rodriguez beats Erdei, IMO. Erdei will win I think but I wonder where he goes from here if he does. I was disappointed that he had to pull out of the Chilemba bout. That would of been an awesome fight

Comment

Working...
                    X