Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather let Cotto Hook him on the right side on purpose.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's he going to do with Pacquiao, who has that lightning left down the middle, as well as a good right hook? Now way in hell he fights Pacquiao, he knows what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
      It's the same way pacquiao beat him. All he did was avoid the left hand.
      Pacman beat him because the fight was at 145. Even Pacman doesn't think he beats him at a healthy weight.

Comment

im not buying this whole idea that floyd deliberately fought the way he did to please fans or let cotto hit him with certain punches and not others or whatever the case may be

if he could he would chose not to be hit at all i mean come this is boxing the art of hit and not be hit and floyd's has mastered that and demonstrated that at numerous times in his career sure if the opponent is right then he will enage and let his hands go accordingly (he did it with augustus n dou gatti and also corley) but trust me if he could get out of the way of everything even just a jab he would

i think we need to give miguel the credit here he made it a tough fight for floyd like it or not floyd is more stationary now at 35 years old then he every was it was why Mosley could catch him with the big right hand in there fight

if you watch the marquez fight closely he didn't move around a whole lot in that fight either it was his upper body movement combined with Marquez being so small that enabled him to dominate the way he did

but as mayweather says skills pay the bills and my god he still has plenty of skill left but this whole idea that he decided the fight the way he did to be more crowd pleasing or whatever just doesn't wash with me im afraid

Comment

Originally posted by biglou88 View Post
          This is getting ridiculous, I guess mayweather saying cotto was the toughest fight he ever had means ****. The whole mayweather couldve made the fight easier by boxing is bs too, when the guys hardly ever mobile as some says he is. This fight was a lot closer than people like to admit so they make up whatever excuse they can so that they can sleep better. Mayweather winning is not enough for you guys!!

Oh yea, to really dominate cotto like pacman did you have to throw a hell of lot more and pressure like hell and that's not money's style. Bottom line is mayweather fought the best he could and won a close fight than people like to admit so deal with it.

Close? Cotto won like 3 rounds, Mayweather dominated him. Epople just exaggerate because they are used to seeing Money win almost every round of his fights, yeah Cotto made Moneys nose bleed but thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
            [/B]
            Close? Cotto won like 3 rounds, Mayweather dominated him. Epople just exaggerate because they are used to seeing Money win almost every round of his fights, yeah Cotto made Moneys nose bleed but thats it.
            he won at least 4 imo

it weren't as close as some are saying but im a big fan of mayweather and im willing to admitt that cotto won more rounds than the judges gave him credit for prob why he was so pissed after fight

it was as close a fight as mayweather has ever been in other than first castillo fight put it that way

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
              he won at least 4 imo

it weren't as close as some are saying but im a big fan of mayweather and im willing to admitt that cotto won more rounds than the judges gave him credit for prob why he was so pissed after fight

it was as close a fight as mayweather has ever been in other than first castillo fight put it that way
              I had Castillo winning the first fight. The Cotto fight was never as close as the Money VS Castillo fight, hell no!!!

Comment

lets give Cotto his props.Floyd didnt LET him do a damn thing.Cotto earned it like a man
                Last edited by Larry the boss; 05-10-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

******ed thread. People need to get over the fact that Floyd didn't let anything happen. Cotto worked and was doing well, he made every round competitive. In the end he lost to a better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                  X