No announcement yet.

Bradley's manager: Bradley willing to fight Morales next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    they'll both get bashed for wanting Morales.
    I'm not so sure about that. Someone started a thread saying Morales was a better fight for Khan than Lamont Peterson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Build bradleys career up to this point, Again Bradley is a technical fighter, fighter like him rarely get a good fanbase especially an african american boxer. apart from Mayweather who else claim to enjoy a great fanbase? Shots at Witter, getting him a unification bout again Holt and another against Alexander even though he doesnt have a fan friendly style....And you ask what has Shaw done for him?

Again Bradley has zero fanbase, which makes everything more difficult for a promoter, a fighter like Bradley it takes time to get someone like that up in the limelight, and considering all the fight that Shaw has got him i personally think he has done well for a boxer that doesnt have a fan friendly style.
      Bradley's shot against Witter he was a replacement,but Shaw I guess deserves some credit for that..But his fights against Holt,Holt wanted to fight Bradley because he had a belt and was looked at as the fighter who beat the num 1 ranked guy in the div..Shaw did not have to work hard to land a holt fight..Alexander another who was chasing the best Shaw did not have to work hard to land that fight..As a matter of fact Bradley teams holding out got them a lot more money then they would have made the first time the fight was offered..Shaw did not need to do much because Bradley is/was winning..Shaw does not really put any money into making his fighters stars,he is a fight to fight kinda promoter imo..Bradley landed most his fights because he beat champs and was highly ranked at the weight,not because Shaw is some great or even good promoter..

Comment

so what is it romebyko. Bradley can't fight Khan because of legal issues, or because he wants the fight to grow bigger?

Or C;
        He don't want to fight Khan.
        Maybe a lil of both,if these guys come back and sit down when it's all said and done and both have major promotion you don't feel the fight will be bigger??That will still have to do with Bradley promotion issue would it not??

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Maybe a lil of both,if these guys come back and sit down when it's all said and done and both have major promotion you don't feel the fight will be bigger??That will still have to do with Bradley promotion would it not??
          personally i think brand bradley has a lot of potential. Especially if he can secure a fight with Morales or the winner of Mccloskey/Prescott.

No really, i think they should make this fight asap. While they are still champs and in the same weight division.
          They would have to go on an absolute tear for this fight to grow much bigger.

I actually think this fight would get less popular if they both went and got destroyed by pac/floyd.

Comment

Bradley's shot against Witter he was a replacement,but Shaw I guess deserves some credit for that..But his fights against Holt,Holt wanted to fight Bradley because he had a belt and was looked at as the fighter who beat the num 1 ranked guy in the div..Shaw did not have to work hard to land a holt fight..Alexander another who was chasing the best Shaw did not have to work hard to land that fight..As a matter of fact Bradley teams holding out got them a lot more money then they would have made the first time the fight was offered..Shaw did not need to do much because Bradley is/was winning..Shaw does not really put any money into making his fighters stars,he is a fight to fight kinda promoter imo..Bradley landed most his fights because he beat champs and was highly ranked at the weight,not because Shaw is some great or even good promoter..
            This right here! Bradley's got to where he has today by constantly winning and beating whoever has been put in front of him. Nothing but pure hard work. Shaw got him the fight with Witter; but Junior held all the advantages - Home turf, judges etc. However, Bradley stripped him of that and from therein has built himself to be a force.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I don't like Bradley right now either, but people are bashing him for wanting to fight Morales, when Khan wants to fight Morales too. He's not a good fight for either, and Bradley needs to stop ducking Khan.
              Firstly, anyone fighting Morales should be bashed... maidana was bashed and rightly so, secondly most of the people bashing Bradley for wanting to fight Morales are doing so because of 2 things, {1} Because Bradley said he couldnt fight Khan for whatever reason but all of a sudden he can now fight Morales...{2} we have some fanatical bradley fans on here who were giving Khan the mouth because it look like Khan would be fighting an 'oldie' as they put it not me, How ironic that Bradley's manager now claim they would fight Morales 'Next week' if given the choice.. Dont you see the ironic in this?

Comment

• The double standards here are sickening. When Khan wants to fight Morales, people say "Its a better fight than Peterson" and "He's adding another belt", but when Bradley wants to fight him to get back a belt that belongs to him, there's a problem.

With that being said, this is a s**t fight. And it's not Bradley's fault, really. I don't blame him for wanting to get back a title that belongs to him, but I blame the WBC for handing it to Morales. Morales has done nothing in the division. In fact, when the hell will you guys realize that Maidana is an average fighter, and Ortiz/Khan made him look better than he really is? That's why Morales looked so good against him. But in reality he doesn't have anything to offer anymore. Bradley, Khan, Alexander, Maidana (again), Peterson, McCloskey, Holt, Matthysse, and even Zab Judah all beat Morales right now.

I really do not like this fight, but in a way I hope it comes along so somebody can knock Morales into retirement. And who's better to do it than a light punching fighter who won't kill him in the ring? BUT, Bradley must fight Guerrero, Khan or Pacquiao afterwards or he will lose me as a fan.
                Last edited by BoxerDood; 08-01-2011, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Firstly, anyone fighting Morales should be bashed... maidana was bashed and rightly so, secondly most of the people bashing Bradley for wanting to fight Morales are doing so because of 2 things, {1} Because Bradley said he couldnt fight Khan for whatever reason but all of a sudden he can now fight Morales...{2} we have some fanatical bradley fans on here who were giving Khan the mouth because it look like Khan would be fighting an 'oldie' as they put it not me, How ironic that Bradley's manager now claim they would fight Morales 'Next week' if given the choice.. Dont you see the ironic in this?
                  I'm telling the people in this thread who have no problem with Khan fighting Morales yet are bashing Bradley to stop the double standards. It's a bad fight for either, yet there are people in this thread bashing Bradley who didn't bash Khan.

Comment

He got Bradley a great deal, again i hate promoters but cannot fault the work he did for him while he was with bradley, anyone faulting shaw for what he did for Bradley especially with bradleys fighting style and zero fanbase need their respective minds and heads checked.

Comment

personally i think brand bradley has a lot of potential. Especially if he can secure a fight with Morales or the winner of Mccloskey/Prescott.

No really, i think they should make this fight asap. While they are still champs and in the same weight division.
                      They would have to go on an absolute tear for this fight to grow much bigger.

I actually think this fight would get less popular if they both went and got destroyed by pac/floyd.
                      Do you not believe the fight between Bradley and Khan will be bigger if both had major promotion??

Comment

Working...
                      X