Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better overall player: Jerry Rice or Emmitt Smith?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
    Rice.

Emmitt is getting dogged in this thread though. The guy is one of the greatest football players in the history of the game. You don't score 160+ tds and rush for over 18,000 yards simply because you're a product of the great teams you were on. All-American college player, All-Pro NFL player, Emmitt was a beast.

come on now.
    ok, more like barely a top 5 rb.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      ok, more like barely a top 5 rb.
      Sanders
      Payton
      Brown
      Smith
      Campbell

That's my top 5 all-time. Not necessarily in that order.

Comment

Rice and this isn't even worthy of a comparison. Rice is WAY better than Emmitt Smith.

Comment

Sanders
          Payton
          Brown
          Smith
          Campbell

1. Sanders

2. Payton

3. Brown

4. Sayers

5. Simpson

Comment

Jerry Rice and it's not close. Emmitt Smith should write a thank you letter every day of his life to Barry Sanders, thanking him for retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
              Jerry Rice and it's not close. Emmitt Smith should write a thank you letter every day of his life to Barry Sanders, thanking him for retiring.
              cosigned. .

Comment

I have to say Rice. Emmitt was great, but if you took away an offensive line that pretty much staffed the NFC probowl line every year, he wouldn't have been SO impressive. I'm serious that O line was beyond great, could you imagine B. Sanders with that line to run with? He'd have double the numbers Emmitt had. That Cowboy team was a running super power house, Emmitt just got the credit for carying the ball, however it was a team effort.

Jerry Rice, man if he wasn't putting up un real numbers he would have the attention of the entire secondary leaving other role players wide open. There is no comparison you have Rice on your squad you will make the playoffs. Ask Arizona how effective just having Emmitt was.

Don't get pissy Emmitt fans I love the guy too. He was a class act and among the best to cary the ball. But I can't put him above the best receiver ever when he isn't even the best running back. Infact you really couldn't even put him above the number three spot and that would be generous.

Comment

Im a Cowboys fan and I say its Rice pretty easy. All of you acting like Emmitt wasn't a damn good RB tho are a bunch of clowns. He's easily a top 10 RB and I think he makes the top 5 list too.

Comment

Originally posted by El Castigador View Post
                    1. Sanders

2. Payton

3. Brown

4. Sayers

5. Simpson
                    1. Payton
                    2. Sanders

I always thought Sayers was better than Brown, but not to the extent I would argue their places on your list. I loved Sanders, but he never earned a spot above Walter Payton in my opinion. He may have had the skills to prove himself the better back, but you don't just get that title by having skills you have to use them and knock the king off, it can't be handed to you. For that Sanders can't ever be no. 1

Comment

Sanders
                      Payton
                      Brown
                      Smith
                      Campbell

I got Smith and OJ about the same notch and above Campbell, but deffinatel below Brown, Sayers, Sanders, and Payton is ATG.

Comment

Working...
                      X