No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: Nobody at 140 Would Pose a Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
    Obviously it doesn't make sense to fight like some face first idiot warrior. Especially against a proven puncher.

Out of the elite 140 pounders if Broner moved up he would actually have the best defense out of the group. I think how easy Garcia, Lucas and Rios get hit should be more concerning.

Broner is also a very strong fighter. People thought DeMarco would bully him. Didn't happen. When he moves up I think he will be stronger and will still have pop.

He has more than enough to compete at 140 when the time comes. There are many dimensions to his fight game that I can see the 140 pounders having serious trouble with.
    I didn't think that about Demarco, he's a smaller fighter and posed no threat to him.

As far as his defense, he better get his feet right because he can't just stand there and trade the way he has been.

I personally can't make judgment on him, I think he can be great but I won't go that far yet and do see flaws, especially his feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      I didn't think that about Demarco, he's a smaller fighter and posed no threat to him.

As far as his defense, he better get his feet right because he can't just stand there and trade the way he has been.

I personally can't make judgment on him, I think he can be great but I won't go that far yet and do see flaws, especially his feet.
      Im very interested to see how he develops because its clear that he has a lot of potential and is far from a finished product.

Comment

Im very interested to see how he develops because its clear that he has a lot of potential and is far from a finished product.
        Oh absolutely, I just think he can't stand there like he does. His feet have to get better and he will have to become more of a boxer.

BTW, the head trainer at my gym (and it's not me saying this so don't everyone jump on me) said that he's definitely on PED's.

He's been in the boxing game for 30 years and is an ex pro. He's been around a lot of fighters and knows the ped's game and he told me he's definitely at least on some kind of diuretic.

Comment

• Floyd changed his style to a more cautious economical way of fighting at 140 and above when fighting difficult oponents. Broner will likely do the same, and he has physical advantages.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Absolutely not.

There's no way he's just going to stand and trade with some of the dudes at 140 who thrive on that kind of stuff and have the punching power and workrate to make him look average.

I'm talking about Rios and Matthysse, of course.
            I think at 140 Broner has a good chance....to get his jaw broken vs the guys you mentioned but he would probably do good vs Garcia, Peterson, Judah or Khan!

Comment

I think he has a ton of potenetial. He is very fast but maybe not ATG based on speed alone. He's not quite that fast. He's got some power but is it enough moving up another division at least? Combined w/the speed and style? Maybe. I am very much looking forward to seeing what happens.

Also, am I the only one that looks at your sig and sees potential disaster if a nice counter catches him shouting and coming in w/his chin up?

Comment

• Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
                I think at 140 Broner has a good chance....to get his jaw broken vs the guys you mentioned but he would probably do good vs Garcia, Peterson, Judah or Khan!
                Which is why he'll never fight either Matthysse or Rios.

Rios is out of the question due to promotional issues due to the feuding between Golden Boy and Top Rank. So that'll never happen.

He'll just flat-out avoid Matthysse.

I wouldn't mind seeing Broner face Garcia, but I don't think Peterson, Judah, or Khan are deserving of a fight with him due to the fact that they're all disgraced in some way or another. So fighting any of those guys would be an easy win for Broner. Which is why he'll likely fight at least 2 of them while avoiding Matthysse.

****ing politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  Which is why he'll never fight either Matthysse or Rios.

Rios is out of the question due to promotional issues due to the feuding between Golden Boy and Top Rank. So that'll never happen.

He'll just flat-out avoid Matthysse.

I wouldn't mind seeing Broner face Garcia, but I don't think Peterson, Judah, or Khan are deserving of a fight with him due to the fact that they're all disgraced in some way or another. So fighting any of those guys would be an easy win for Broner. Which is why he'll likely fight at least 2 of them while avoiding Matthysse.

****ing politics.
                  No more easy fight for Broner!! GBP put him P4p list but he's fighting the easy fight! Broner need to fight Vasquez, Mathesee, Maidana next!

Comment

• I can't wait cause Broner shouldn't waste no more time at the 135 division.

Comment

• Matthysse would be a very tough fight. Apart from that and perhaps Rios i don't see anyone beating him.

Comment

Working...
                      X