Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you prevent dogs from chasing you when you do your roadwork?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
    kick them in the face
    I second this. A good kick to the face or side will do the trick but the best one is running after them while yelling like a deranged lunatic. That dog will think twice before going near you again.

Comment

You won't like this answer but if your running a see an off leash dog without an owner around it you have to stop running and walk until your far enough away and sure it won't chase. Dogs instinctively will chase if you run...it empowers them and they think your are scared and dogs tend to attack when they think you are scared. Show no fear...don't look at the dogs eyes...and carry some pepper spray just in-case...it will help with most breeds but not all. I'm guessing you live in a rural area as cities rarely have unleash/unattended dogs roaming around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudemanguy View Post
        I usually line my pockets with bacon, works every time.
        probably not a bad idea...nothing diverts a dog's attention quicker than food.

Comment

^if im running and i see a dog like the one in your avy chasing me, i would frantically look around for the owner and tell his azz to get his dog ASAP

but yea, i used to "dogsit" my neighbor's dog when he would go out of town, and whenever i would start running, he would run with me...i guess its their instinct

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
            ^if im running and i see a dog like the one in your avy chasing me, i would frantically look around for the owner and tell his azz to get his dog ASAP

but yea, i used to "dogsit" my neighbor's dog when he would go out of town, and whenever i would start running, he would run with me...i guess its their instinct
            With my dog the only danger you would be in is she might lick you to death...pure pitties had human aggression breed out of them 100's of years ago...it's the mixed pitties that you have to worry about.

Comment

Lol good question.. Bread, or any food you can put into your pocket and throw to him to distract him..

There's like a dog Whistle that annoys them a lot so they try to get as far as possible from you

Comment

I usually just outrun the dogs and keep on going with my roadwork.

It gets my heart rate up and pushes me to my limit

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
                  kick them in the face
                  kick them in the face

Comment

Originally posted by OldMoney91 View Post
                    I usually just outrun the dogs and keep on going with my roadwork.

It gets my heart rate up and pushes me to my limit
                    LOL....easier said than done...when I run with my dog she literally run's sideways looking up at me as if to say "are we running yet?"

Originally posted by Flab View Post
                    kick them in the face
                    My friend was confronted by a pitbull mix while walking...he's a mixed martial artists and did what you said and the dog backed off...then the dog reapproached and he tried it again and the dog caught his foot and took him down and ripped through his shoe. He probably could have just kept on walking or stopped...he didn't notice the owner sitting on a bench right next to them because it was dark. Kicking the dog isn't always a good idea.

Comment

Don't make eye contact with the dog, know this sounds stupid but, dogs can sense challenges like humans do.

Comment

Working...
                      X