Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa’s (Former?) Handlers Hopeful Of Quick Resolution

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gamboa’s (Former?) Handlers Hopeful Of Quick Resolution

By Jake Donovan - Brandon Rios versus Yuriorkis Gamboa.

It began as the centerpiece of a spring schedule, a fight that would give the industry a much needed shot in the arm. What’s left of the negotiations that may or may not have been agreed upon by all parties now instead serves as perhaps the year’s biggest court case.

There’s no telling what will ultimately come of the mess that has been created, but the industry is already feeling its effects.

Rather than a potential Fight of the Year candidate that will come “free” for those who currently subscribe to HBO, boxing’s diehard fans – the faction to whom this matchup loudly spoke – are now left with a $45 pay-per-view show pitting two far less desirable co-leads.

Rios (29-0-1, 22KO) gets to keep the April 14 date and still squares off against a Cuban boxer who holds little to no respect for him. Instead of it being against the undefeated and supremely talented Gamboa, it’s now against unheralded fringe contender Richard Abril (17-2-1, 8KO), whose interim title status now makes this sudden grudge match a ‘championship’ fight.

The show’s original co-feature – Mike Alvarado squaring off with Mauiricio Herrera – remains intact, though will now air in supporting capacity. Moving up to the sub-main spot is Juan Manuel Marquez, who – like Rios – saw bigger plans disintegrate into a stay busy fight as he faces Sergey Fedchenko.

While the card itself isn’t what fans had in mind, at the very least the fighters get to stay busy. The same cannot be said of Gamboa (21-0, 16KO), whose next ring appearance is now in the hands of two sets of legal teams – his own lawyer Sekou Gary, as well as the firm hired by Top Rank to represent their company as well as Arena Box Promotions, Gamboa’s co-promoter.

There is no predicting what comes of the immediate future, especially if this case makes its way to a court room. Because of it, what can and can’t be said on the record remains the dividing line between fact and speculation. [Click Here To Read More]

Hahahah heeell no hell no. You cowards are going to go thru the worst times of your life for being chickens. Hope Gamhoe'a gets sued for all he's got!!

Comment

Gamboa ain't no smart, He simply make a move, without thinking the consequence! He didn't anticipate the counter-punch of Top Rank.

Now who's gonna help him?

Comment

I'm really gonna miss watching Gamboa fight for a while.

Comment

they are just mad because they can't make money off of gamboa at this point. they shouldve compensated him right from the beginning. wether people are in his ear or not. toprank has been making a killing of its promoted fighters including pacquiao.everybody has been leaving and i don't blame them.

Comment

I dont care what kind of scum Bob arum is....what Gamboa did was lowclass, unprofessional, and STUPID. What he should of done was be a responsible man about it by finishing his contract or buy it out. Not do this childish disappearing act by hurting your boxing fans and making Bob arum look good.? Shame on you!:

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
              Hahahah heeell no hell no. You cowards are going to go thru the worst times of your life for being chickens. Hope Gamhoe'a gets sued for all he's got!!
              I know one thing. gamboa fans better not see you in uptown!!!!!!!! haha

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                they are just mad because they can't make money off of gamboa at this point. they shouldve compensated him right from the beginning. wether people are in his ear or not. toprank has been making a killing of its promoted fighters including pacquiao.everybody has been leaving and i don't blame them.
                gamboa should just go with golden boy and mayweather at this point. Because oner has been ripping him of for years.

Comment

Originally posted by jusdippin
                  Yuriorkis " The Cuban Defector" Gamboa has already pulled this crap on his Olympic team so it shouldn't be a suprise he's being a diva again...
                  ^ WTF? Shows your level of knowledge and ignorance. I give you one day before you try to leave Cuba, dumb@ss.

Anyway, I don't like how Oner is trying to come across as the good guy and all they care about is Gamboa's money.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                    gamboa should just go with golden boy and mayweather at this point. Because oner has been ripping him of for years.
                    I know you're in deep with his crew, how bad is TR's case against him?

Comment

Working...
                    X