Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Schaefer, Golovkin-Geale, Cotto, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Schaefer, Golovkin-Geale, Cotto, More

By Robert Morales - Abel Sanchez had been worried that the WBA would make his fighter - middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin - fight his mandatory defense against unknown Jarrod Fletcher of Australia on July 26 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Alas, the WBA this week agreed to let Golovkin bypass Fletcher so he can take on a more formidable opponent in former champion Daniel Geale, also of Australia, on that card that will be televised by HBO.

Sanchez, who trains the hard-hitting Golovkin (29-0, 26 KOs) out of his sprawling camp in Big Bear, Calif., is stoked about the way things turned out.

"Well, extremely happy," Sanchez said Wednesday via telephone. "I get the motivation out of Gennady."

Golovkin had little interest in facing Fletcher, Sanchez said.

"When they were talking about the other young man who is not quite ready - he may be one of these days, but now he's not - Gennady wasn't as motivated, wasn't as positive just about wanting to fight him," Sanchez said. "He wants physical fights, he wants hard fights, he wants guys that are respected by the public so that he could prove his mettle. [Click Here To Read More]

Golovkin avoiding Fletcher

Ducklovkin

Comment

Fletcher had Golovkin shook. Clear as day.

Comment

Interesting comments on Scaefer.

Comment

Let's see what this does for Quillin/GGG now... he's GBP and Haymon

Comment

I was referring to that last quote/paragraph on Schaefer from Abel.

Comment

Stay ducking Fletcher, Golovkin.

You don't want none, son.

Comment

High praise from Roach for Cotto's work ethnic. He's worked with some of the best and he's naming Cotto as the hardest worker that he's had.

I like this Roach/Cotto alliance. From all angles, they appear to be really good for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland View Post
                  I was referring to that last quote/paragraph on Schaefer from Abel.
                  You mean where he said Schaeffer was being a jerk before he left?

Comment

Doesn't Soliman want GGG too? Australia is coming after u GGG lol

Comment

Working...
                    X