Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi the two best in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Give me Zidane.
    Lol another yank who knows **** all about "soccer."

Comment

Anyone who watches the sport, has followed it and researched it, knows Messi is the greatest ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
        Dont be daft.

The yanks that don't know **** all about ''soccer'' are the ones who think 'Cristiano'' is the best ever.

Someone who appreciates the great Zizou surely knows a thing or two about football.

Comment

Stopped reading the OP when you said that 'Maradona didn't do 20% of what Messi and Ronaldo do week in week out'. Clueless.

Also, anyone that puts Ronaldinho over Messi clearly doesn't actually watch Football.

Comment

In my lifetime

There are 4 names who pop out in my head as 4 of the greatest of all time

Ronaldo (brazilian) - I dont know if there is a more complete striker, speed, power, strength, skill, clinical finishing

Zidane probably the most technically gifted player ive ever seen in my life time

Messi and Ronaldo are just goal scoring machines, practically unstoppable and are in their own league above the rest of the world at the moment

But saying they are the greatest of all time is hard

People like Maradonna..who played in teams who werent full of stars yet led them to victory...against england the argentina team wasnt THAT great yet he carried them

I didnt get to watch maradonna in my lifetime but I think if i had....i would have put him at the top...possibly pele aswel (but i think he was surrounded with greater players)

Also back in the day all this diving bollox and wht not didnt exist..these guys were just beasts.... im sure if they had half of the freekicks and penalties messi and ronaldo get...they would be scoring the same amount of goals

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              Stopped reading the OP when you said that 'Maradona didn't do 20% of what Messi and Ronaldo do week in week out'. Clueless.

Also, anyone that puts Ronaldinho over Messi clearly doesn't actually watch Football.

Messi is overrated, the team around him play a huge part in making Messi appear greater than he is. For Argentina he has world class players around him but doesn't perform half as well as he does for Barca. The team is built around him at Barca, we've all heard of his record breaking "goals in a calender year" what we don't hear is that he is also the leader in losing the ball and number of shots in La Liga.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                Messi is overrated, the team around him play a huge part in making Messi appear greater than he is. For Argentina he has world class players around him but doesn't perform half as well as he does for Barca. The team is built around him at Barca, we've all heard of his record breaking "goals in a calender year" what we don't hear is that he is also the leader in losing the ball and number of shots in La Liga.
                A) Ronaldinho had virtually the exact same team built around him.

B) Have you seen him playing for Argentina in 2012? He has been replicating his club form at international level for a while now.

C) I don't believe your last bit about him having the most shots and losing the ball most. Got any stats to back up those claims? I am 99% sure that at least Ronaldo and probably Falcao take more shots on goal than him for a start. That's one of the most impressive things about Messi, seemingly every time he shoots it results in a goal. Can't recall seeing him give the ball away much either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                  Uhm Zidane isn't one of the greatest players of all time?

Not only has he run things in La Liga & Italy (when it was competitive)...he carried France to two WC finals & the Euros.

**** outta here son.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    This surely has got to be an absolutely blatant lie.

Any stats to back this claim up?

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      A) Ronaldinho had virtually the exact same team built around him.

B) Have you seen him playing for Argentina in 2012? He has been replicating his club form at international level for a while now.

C) I don't believe your last bit about him having the most shots and losing the ball most. Got any stats to back up those claims? I am 99% sure that at least Ronaldo and probably Falcao take more shots on goal than him for a start. That's one of the most impressive things about Messi, seemingly every time he shoots it results in a goal. Can't recall seeing him give the ball away much either.
                      Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                      This surely has got to be an absolutely blatant lie.

Any stats to back this claim up?

Barcelona star Lionel Messi gives the ball away more than any other Primera Division player - report
                      The three-time Ballon d'Or winner is considered the finest dribbler in the game today but he has turned over possession 279 times so far this season

Barcelona's Lionel Messi gives the ball away more than other player in La Liga, according to statistics published by SuperDeporte.

The Argentina international is considered the finest dribbler in the game today but has conceded possession 279 times so far this season.

Second and third place on the list are occupied by Espanyol duo Didac Vila (251) and Joan Verdu (241).

However, Messi's importance to Barca is underlined by the fact that the Catalans have won 89 per cent of the games in which he has scored.

The champions have won just 52% of the matches in which the Argentine, who has had more shots on goal than any other player, has failed to net.

Messi has scored 141 goals in 197 Liga games for Barca since making his debut back in 2004.

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3922/...away-more-than

Comment

Working...
                      X