Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Manny can make 140 easily why is this fight with Jmm not at 140 for his title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    How is it being set up in favor of a KO for Pac when its going to be held at the same exact weight as their last fight?
    it was 144 last time and 147 this time

Comment

Trust me, if something wild happens in the 4th fight (Manny tasting the canvas), then you can bet your ass that Arum will be cooking up a 5th fight.

Besides, all it takes nowadays, is blood or a knockdown from a fighter that we aren't used to seeing go down, and BOOM....people scream "rematch".

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
        it was 144 last time and 147 this time

You're right. Still dont see what difference it will make. Neither fighter will have any advantage on fight night and as a matter of fact, JMM was bigger than Pac last time around.

I'd just wish you guys would stay consistant and use some common sense. You claim he can make 140 for a JMM fight then turn around and bash him for not facing Martinez at 154.

Comment

how many times does this larry need telling? TITLES DONT MEAN ****.

im surprised you havent said floyd should fight malignaggi yet.

Comment

He can't make 140 and even if he could would probably be a lot less of what he is now.

Comment

You're right. Still dont see what difference it will make. Neither fighter will have any advantage on fight night and as a matter of fact, JMM was bigger than Pac last time around.
              he couldn't beat him at 144 so he brings marquez up to 147. i love how weight isn't an issue when it comes to pacquiao but, floyd misses 2 pounds and you guys won't stop talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                the fight is set up so Manny can get a dominant KO win over JMM. SHould this happen, it will rekindle the "manny beats them worse than floyd" talk which should respark discussion and interest in a floyd/manny fight.
                thats bollocks. they are going to both weigh pretty much the same in the ring as they did when they fought at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  he couldn't beat him at 144 so he brings marquez up to 147. i love how weight isn't an issue when it comes to pacquiao but, floyd misses 2 pounds and you guys won't stop talking about it.
                  Who says Marquez has to weigh in at 147? I doubt Pac will even weigh in at 147. All Marquez has to do is make the same weight he made last fight.

Comment

pacquiao just HAD to fight cotto at 143 or was it 142? even using the WBO to threaten cotto by stripping him if he didn't take the fight. now he's making a lightweight go up to 147. oh yeah it's all bollocks, pac gets no advantage here he's so smaaaaall.
                    Last edited by John Barron; 10-03-2012, 09:12 AM.

Comment

How is it being set up in favor of a KO for Pac when its going to be held at the same exact weight as their last fight?
                      You practically knocked everyone out with that point of yours. But that was 144 actually.

And look at the fanboys riling up various BS reasons why.

And I doubt Manny can be the same even making it at 140, with his advanced age.
                      Last edited by Tamis!; 10-03-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X