Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Bruno vs Ike Ibeabuchi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ike wasn't overrated. I think those who praise him so heavily (like me) do so based on what they believed he could become...which was based on what he had already done in a short time. No one says he was "great", but that all the signs were there for someone who could be great. He had awesome physical tools, growing skills, and a great trainer in Curtis Cokes.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
      I think Ike wasn't overrated. I think those who praise him so heavily (like me) do so based on what they believed he could become...which was based on what he had already done in a short time. No one says he was "great", but that all the signs were there for someone who could be great. He had awesome physical tools, growing skills, and a great trainer in Curtis Cokes.
      Yeah thats all we can do is speculate. I mean if Mike Tyson had died in a car accident right after the Michael Spinks fight, people would have swore up and down that he would have gone down as the greatest fighter that ever lived. On the other hand, if Wladimir Klitschko died after the Corrie Sanders fight, people would never have believed that he would have gone on to accomplish the things that he has so far. I guess Ike will forever just be one of those "mysteries of boxing" where we just wonder what if.

Comment

Working...
      X