Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Vs. Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Cotto being able to make 147 pretty easily still, he's not that big of a 154pounder anyway.

Cotto is a notch above Khan, for several reasons. A couple posters alluded to the fact that this fight stylistically favors Miguel if he turns into the pressure fighter....but I think this fight favors Miguel however you slice it. He doesn't get enough credit for being a very very solid boxer. Especially under Diaz.

Yeah, he's vulnerable, but so is Khan. Cottos footwork, jab (when he decides to implement it), mid-distance game are all very good. The only thing Cotto doesn't know how to do is fight on his backfoot, but what are the chances of Khan putting Cotto on his backfoot anyway?

Khan has a speed advantage. but if we learned anything from the Judah, Mosley, etc. fights is that Miguel deals with faster fighters pretty well

Cotto by UD or late stoppage.
    Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 07-11-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
      cotto isnt 'killing himself' to make 147. Making 147 is reasonable for him. Just means he cant eat how he wants to eat, and has to make some sacrifices in that regards. 'killing himself' is is chavez/rios/etc trying to make weight.

Well apparently, khan is an elite boxer who is probably next in line for mayweather, yet he's too green for cotto?
      Well cotto himself said he would not "sacrifice his body for another boxer" meaning he can not make 147 comfortably. And about khan I think he is to green for mayweather yes. He has yet to even fightsthat WW so he is not ready of course IMO

Comment

Khan's speed and volume would trouble Cotto but he's just too easy to hit. Cotto would use his jab to nullify Khan's speed and movement and he would tap that body.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingdelboxeo View Post
          Well cotto himself said he would not "sacrifice his body for another boxer" meaning he can not make 147 comfortably. And about khan I think he is to green for mayweather yes. He has yet to even fightsthat WW so he is not ready of course IMO
          I don't think that's what he meant.

Comment

I would be surprised if Khan lasts 12.

Comment

I think Cotto is all around a better (and more experienced) fighter. He would outbox Khan and outslug him. Khan does have the tendancy to try to go toe to toe and when that doesn't go his way he retreats. When Khan is fighting going backwards his punches aren't effective and he can't keep guys off of him. I see this fight as a pro (Cotto) against a seasoned amateur (Khan).

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                I don't think that's what he meant.
                So what does it mean?

Comment

It would be an entertaining fight for sure IMO, im a big fan of both fighters. I could see Khan troubling Cotto in the early rounds with his speed but i think Cotto's pressure and big fight experience would work in his favor, and he would probably stop Khan late on.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    Stop LMAO'ing your arse off and read his post again.
                    My fault. I dont how I missed that little detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingdelboxeo View Post
                      So what does it mean?
                      It means that at this point in his career, he's in the position to where he doesn't have to give anybody an advantage. Fighting at anywhere but 154 would be giving the other guy an advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X