Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cus D'mato was 20 yrs younger how would Tysons career turned out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Cus D'mato was 20 yrs younger how would Tysons career turned out?

Cus D'mato died in the middle 80's when Mike Tysons career jst started. But what would have happend if cus was 20 years younger? That would of meant cus would have been alive up till 2005ish up until Mikes career ended.
    Would Tyson of went with King?
    Would Tyson of went to jail?
    How would Tyson of matched up against Douglas, Holyfield, Foreman, Bowe, Lewis, Moorer and the Klitschko brothers?
    Would Tyson be undefeated?

What do you think?

no
    no
    yes
    maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Stallone60 View Post
      Cus D'mato died in the middle 80's when Mike Tysons career jst started. But what would have happend if cus was 20 years younger? That would of meant cus would have been alive up till 2005ish up until Mikes career ended.
      Would Tyson of went with King?
      Would Tyson of went to jail?
      How would Tyson of matched up against Douglas, Holyfield, Foreman, Bowe, Lewis, Moorer and the Klitschko brothers?
      Would Tyson be undefeated?

What do you think?
      Tyson probably would have gone crazy and killed Cus D'mato. Then he would have been knocked out by Michael Dokes. Sorry, but Tyson had something evil in him, it wasnt the death of Cus that brought that out, it was just who he is. Wasnt it Bowe who said that he would have to walk old ladies home so that Tyson didnt rob them as a kid? Cus might have protected him longer, but I remember watching the youth video on him and Cus didnt travel much with Tyson and wasnt always there. Cus died less than a year into Tysons pro career, I think that their relationship is overplayed as people try to make excuses for Tyson, fact is Tyson was a ticking time bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
        Tyson probably would have gone crazy and killed Cus D'mato. Then he would have been knocked out by Michael Dokes. Sorry, but Tyson had something evil in him, it wasnt the death of Cus that brought that out, it was just who he is. Wasnt it Bowe who said that he would have to walk old ladies home so that Tyson didnt rob them as a kid? Cus might have protected him longer, but I remember watching the youth video on him and Cus didnt travel much with Tyson and wasnt always there. Cus died less than a year into Tysons pro career, I think that their relationship is overplayed as people try to make excuses for Tyson, fact is Tyson was a ticking time bomb.
        Good Post. Tyson seems a pretty nice guy now though he's a very complex character.

Comment

I don't think so. I think that Tyson was an insecure boy with no good role model around who was very easily influenced by his surroundings. Cus D'Amato was a good and stable influence (even though he had his flaws), and if he would've stuck in there for longer, Tyson could've had increasing stability in his life through boxing. he might've been more and more a professional and less of loose cannon as time would've progressed.

I mean, look at him now, he ended up pretty good right? doing funny videos, a show about pigeons, doing interesting interviews. but the influence of his crazy surroundings (also with Don King, who would've been kept away with Cus D'Amato around) was and is very noticeable!

Kevin Rooney said it well about his style after his release: "His style is meant to bob and weave, meant to be elusive. he doesn't do that anymore. He's just a puncher, if he'll hit you, he'll knock you out. but if you hit him, there's a good chance of you being able to knock him out too." Tyson would've been one of the greats and a real boxing professional, had Cus D'Amato around.

(want an example? look at George Foreman, he found the right influence in his faith.)

Comment

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
            I don't think so. I think that Tyson was an insecure boy with no good role model around who was very easily influenced by his surroundings. Cus D'Amato was a good and stable influence (even though he had his flaws), and if he would've stuck in there for longer, Tyson could've had increasing stability in his life through boxing. he might've been more and more a professional and less of loose cannon as time would've progressed.

I mean, look at him now, he ended up pretty good right? doing funny videos, a show about pigeons, doing interesting interviews. but the influence of his crazy surroundings (also with Don King, who would've been kept away with Cus D'Amato around) was and is very noticeable!

Kevin Rooney said it well about his style after his release: "His style is meant to bob and weave, meant to be elusive. he doesn't do that anymore. He's just a puncher, if he'll hit you, he'll knock you out. but if you hit him, there's a good chance of you being able to knock him out too." Tyson would've been one of the greats and a real boxing professional, had Cus D'Amato around.

(want an example? look at George Foreman, he found the right influence in his faith.)
            I like tyson, I think he seems like a good guy now, but how long did it take for that to happen? It also took him hitting rock bottom. I dont think anyone could have stopped what was in Tyson, only Tyson could. If he had been on top longer, I think he might have fallen even further. It happens to a lot of athletes, it takes getting knocked off that horse to realize whats important and how they have to change. Tyson now has learned humility, but I dont think Cus could have controlled him. I mean just listening to his stories with Mickey Rourke it sounds like Tyson at times was out to kill people, and it was just luck that he didnt find them. The man had evil in him. Cus wasnt going to change that, no one was.

Comment

I like tyson, I think he seems like a good guy now, but how long did it take for that to happen? It also took him hitting rock bottom. I dont think anyone could have stopped what was in Tyson, only Tyson could. If he had been on top longer, I think he might have fallen even further. It happens to a lot of athletes, it takes getting knocked off that horse to realize whats important and how they have to change. Tyson now has learned humility, but I dont think Cus could have controlled him. I mean just listening to his stories with Mickey Rourke it sounds like Tyson at times was out to kill people, and it was just luck that he didnt find them. The man had evil in him. Cus wasnt going to change that, no one was.
              I think Don King ignited that fire. Tyson needed guidance and a line to walk because he doesn't know what to do, he's so insecure, and Cus provided that. look at his movie Tyson, that's a storm of raw childlike emotions that has grown out of control, because no one showed him the line after Cus. Sure, Cus let him slip with doing bad at school and such, there are a lot of fathers like that, but all the bullies in school don't end up being deliquents. Think about it, before Cus died, Tyson was a brilliant fighter...

but when he met Don King, he didn't get guidance, he got a sugar daddy, to amplify the tornado that an uncontrolled, unguided Tyson is. I mean, Mike could do anything he felt like, and Don King would talk it all right.

It's like a kid: if you don't tell him that what he did is wrong, but you encourage EVERYTHING he does, he's gonna think he's God and keep pushing the boundaries endlessly.

Tyson and Tupac were best friends. why? because they were both wild. but the difference was that Tyson had some ppl that he listened to, Cus, his former managers, etc. Tupac was hardheaded, and walked his own line.

Once you grow up, and get your own kids, and FINALLY get to know your responsibility of being an adult, you calm down a little. You are of course very scatter brained because of all the chaos you've been in, as we can all see.

Tyson is a bad kid that was finally getting some guidance, Cus, but then when he fell out, no one held his hand and showed him the right way. Don King gave him the world, and what does a kid do in a big world outside of the boxing ring, that he doesn't really know?

Comment

Look, what D'mato did with Tyson was fantastic, and he was a truly great trainer, but Tyson was a very weak person mentally and nothing would have prevented his eventual downfall. Maybe Cus delays it, but it happens at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Look, what D'mato did with Tyson was fantastic, and he was a truly great trainer, but Tyson was a very weak person mentally and nothing would have prevented his eventual downfall. Maybe Cus delays it, but it happens at some point.
                  i guess that once he got rich and famous.. he would have enough people around him to abuse him, so that he would eventually stray from Cus, even if he was alive. if not Don King, then someone else. that is possible.. but not in as bad shape as he is right now, right?

Comment

Tyson fanboys think cus is some magical boxing jesus that could turn tyson into an angle. Fact is, cus made a living off of picking out young black kids from the street and turning them into profitable boxers. He did it with patterson and he did it with tyson. He was in the relationship for the money, not to be a father figure for tyson.

Also, cus died before tyson won any titles. Cus by that time probably taught him all he could.

Comment

Working...
                    X