No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweathers diet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweathers diet?

I never knew he ate junk food in the past during fight prep time.

This is what he is saying about his diet but he doesnt go in to detail:

FM: In the past, I did. I did eat those types of things, but I’m getting a lot older so I’ve got to be a lot wiser. I try to eat candy as little as possible, and I try to eat the right foods not the junk foods. Every now and then you’ll see me drink a little soda here and there because I’m only human. I like to cheat every now and then, but most of the time I’m sticking to my regimen, eating right and training hard.
    Read more: http://ca.askmen.com/celebs/intervie...#ixzz2DH9cDajN

That interview was from 2009 where he was honest.

Since then he has upped the antique by pretending to be above strict dieting, by eating junk and drinking soda in front of the cameras, sending the wrong message to some young kid from the hood who may look up to him (not that I care).

Of course he doesn't eat junk food or drink soda. This is all just part of the promo. He even makes sure to point out to us that he never watches tapes as if he is above that. I beg to different. I bet he watched enough tape of his opponents to know their weaknesses. You have to the way he always discredits his opponents abilities (I.E. Zab Judah is a front runner, a 5 round fighter. Delahoya gets tired after 7 rounds. Gatti is too slow, flat footed etc,. etc,. )

Comment

A little fast food from time to time doesn't take a negative toll on the body. unless your snacking on it 5 days a week. I go by the 80/20 rule. 80 percent healthy and 20 percent junk food. if a person is cheating that way then they should be fine. like Mayweather said we are only human.

Comment

80/20 is good actualy!

The reason I asked is that, he is older and needs the best diet/sport recovery methods out there.

Without a good diet, even peds arent that useful

Comment

Floyd feasts on haters and network executives.

Comment

Fllooyd dines on the best food his money can buy. Every once in a while he takes one sip of soda if journalists are on him or cameras.

But the 80/20 rule, does that mean you can have 20% bad stuff every day?

Comment

Junk food every once in a while isn't gonna hurt you, as long as you keep it to a minimum. Especially when we're talking about these guys who workout like animals.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Fllooyd dines on the best food his money can buy. Every once in a while he takes one sip of soda if journalists are on him or cameras.

Of course not. How can you average it up to 80% good and 20% bad if you're doing it every day? Like eating veggies in the morning and munching on a Big Mac in the evening, followed up by spinach for diner?

No, the more likely scenario is eating good for 5 days, and indulging a bit on the weekends. I myself tend to let loose on Sunday, ordering a Pizza or something.

Comment

Eating rubbish occasionally isn't that big a deal if someone is training hard and burning thousands of calories over maintenance on training days. Sometimes it can indicate a lack of discipline that will hurt a guy outside of training programs but that's not a concern with a guy like Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

not every day but once in awhile it's fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X