No announcement yet.

Why is HBO boxing superior than Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is HBO boxing superior than Showtime

I find it more entertaining. I think its because of the commentators. Al Bernstein and Jim Gray's voices are just annoying or something. Not sure what it is but I enjoy HBO better

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
    I find it more entertaining. I think its because of the commentators. Al Bernstein and Jim Gray's voices are just annoying or something. Not sure what it is but I enjoy HBO better
    i like showtime alot better the commentators aren't biased.

Comment

One of the main reasons is because HBO is more successful than Showtime in general. This leads to more money for HBOs boxing budget. This leads to them having better fighters and fights on HBO. Its always been that way

Comment

HBO has better production value and better advertisement... Also more people have HBO...

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
          HBO has better production value and better advertisement... Also more people have HBO...

So much this. HBO just feels like it embodies prize fighting. I love showtime but hbo just has it.

Comment

showtimes had it right the last few years.

Comment

I am a long time fan of Al Bernstein but I believe HBO has a better quality of fights by just a little bit.

Comment

I also think the commentators add a little more drama to the action on HBO (when they're not being obviously biased towards a future star)

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                  I also believe this to be the case. I find the quality of Showtime cards to be superior to HBO's (on the average) and the commentators are fair. People are getting a sales pitch from the commentators on HBO........I'm just saying what it is- they have a product that they must market so people will tune in.

Comment

subjective topic. both have equally put out good fights this year. depends on your aesthetic taste i suppose. i personally prefer the HBO commentators (bob papa, kellerman, roy,) and picture quality over SHO. HBO footage has a nice warm vintage feel to it while SHO's more sterile and real-time.

Comment

Working...
                    X