Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Watch some Ray Robinson then tell me about him~
    If you wanted me to add that he had great foot movement and was great at parrying punches, great reach and could counterstrike like a cobra? I was pointing out major differences in their game. It's their mentality. Floyd at 130 threw combos, but he didnt throw them like Ray Rob at all. Ray Rob threw them knowing you couldnt dent his chin, Floyd placed his shots.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
      Define better..... To be honest, all of the ATGs were the best of there eras (Just as Floyd is).
      Jack johnson would lose to Lenox, Ali & Holmes. But that does not mean he wasn't the best of his time.
      Dempsy would lose to Tyson, Frasier & Foreman. But that does not mean he wasn't oneof the best of his time.

Personally the saying "Best or Greatest of all time" is not possable (All time has not come yet).
      I think to date, Floyd is the greatest talent boxing has spawned. He's he product of many years and many champs of the past.
      There will be one to take the torch just as he did.
      Agree to disagree, I dont think he was "the greatest talent boxing has spawned" he can take from other past greats style, but he cant take their punching power, speed, toughness, balls.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
        People who think Floyd is the G.O.A.T in all honesty, well there opinions are not worth sh.it and as soon as the outrageous claim comes out of there mouths you should disregard anything else they ever say regarding boxing. It makes there opinions null and void to be honest I can't even take people who think he is a top 20 ATG seriously.
        I feet there is no GOAT.
        So many great fighters from different eras.

The only way to know who is better... they would have had to fight eachother wich could never happen.

Floyd is one of the very best fighters of all time along with several others.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
          I think to date, Floyd is the greatest talent boxing has spawned. He's he product of many years and many champs of the past.
          There will be one to take the torch just as he did.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geezus H christ

i love Floyd's illegitimate online children...they always come up with gems

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
            I feet there is no GOAT.
            So many great fighters from different eras.

The only way to know who is better... they would have had to fight eachother wich could never happen.

Floyd is one of the very best fighters of all time along with several others.
            But thats where we differ, its just like Basketball, you can say MJ/KAREEM/WILT/RUSSEL were the GOAT, but MJ clearly has the all the qualities of being the GOAT, same with Ray Rob/ prime Roy Jones Jr skill wise/style wise.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
              Agree to disagree, I dont think he was "the greatest talent boxing has spawned" he can take from other past greats style, but he cant take their punching power, speed, toughness, balls.
              none of what you said has anything to do with "Boxing"
              boxing is not "Speed"
              Bxing is not "Balls"
              Boxing is not "Punching Power" Or "Toughness"...

We can admire these things in a fighter, but those things don't make them a great boxer...
              But it's all subjective and we see what we want to....

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geezus H christ

i love Floyd's illegitimate online children...they always come up with gems
                I know, when I read that, I was like SMH "this thread was dedicated to you bro"

Comment

If you wanted me to add that he had great foot movement and was great at parrying punches, great reach and could counterstrike like a cobra? I was pointing out major differences in their game. It's their mentality. Floyd at 130 threw combos, but he didnt throw them like Ray Rob at all. Ray Rob threw them knowing you couldnt dent his chin, Floyd placed his shots.
                  Ray Robinson is a great fighter ahead of his time by at least a generation but he isn't half what you are making him out to be.

Him and Floyd are out of the same mold, one is more aggressive and one is more efficient.

What you are doing with Ray Robinson is exactly what you are dogging people for doing with Floyd~ so quit being a hypocrite.

Comment

Floyd has punching power, speed and balls.
                    Floyd also is the best defensive fighter of all time. (check the stats)
                    Floyd also is the most accurate puncher of all time. (check the stats)

Add a great chin, great foot speed, and great all around skill.........and what you have there is the 'greatest talent boxing has spawned'

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708
                      This thread was dedicated to you and the likes.
                      Nah bruh, this thread is dedicated to Floyd and his haters such as yourself. You're gonna be one miserable guy being so worried about what people think about Floyd. Cause guess what? Adrien Broner is coming up once Floyd is gone to replace him as the GOAT. Then you have to deal with his presence.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X