No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Broner Being Moved Slow, He's on The Rise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Broner Being Moved Slow, He's on The Rise

Two weeks after admitting Adrien Broner’s failure to knock out Paulie Malignaggi disappointed him, Floyd Mayweather Jr. made it clear how he feels about Broner being carefully constructed into a star.

“With Broner, I think they’re moving him slow,” Mayweather said while he was a guest Monday with DJ Whoo Kid. “They’re taking their time. They know what opponents to choose for him. But that was a great victory for him against Malignaggi. But Malignaggi, he’s a hell of a boxer. I like Broner. That’s my little brother. I like Broner, a young champion on the rise.”

After some back and forth with the host, Mayweather added, “But Broner’s a great young guy. He has a lot to learn. He has a lot to learn, but he’s a great young kid. I’m a veteran. I’ve been around the sport 17 years, dominating.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mayweather is right - Team Broner are hand-picking opponents. Broner can end all of that by properly fighting the guy fans want to see him fight, like he said he would, whether it is Matt, Garcia, Maindana, whoever.

Comment

i hear a little jealosy in mayweathers voice !

Comment

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
        i hear a little jealosy in mayweathers voice !
        nah it sounds like he's getting bored..floyd is just speaking the truth, Broner is cherry picking and he needs to start fighting real competition

Comment

Mr.Handpick talking about hand picking lol

Comment

Moved slow? They're trying to convince us he's a legit 3 division champion and is better now than Mayweather was at the same age. Moved slow my ass.

Comment

If u still need to be moved slow with 27 pro fights under your belt then you're not as good as they or u claim to be!

Comment

Slowly: Meaning Strategic, Selective, Hand-Picked, Just Like Mayweather Has Done!!!

That's my little brudder right there.... I think he should have gotten the knock out.... really? Floyd they have said the same about YOU. The only knock out you got in recent memory is when Ortiz pounding you around the ring, broke off a clinch, dropped his hands to his side and looked to the referee, and you sucker punched him not looking..... that's it! They aren't taking risks. They drop those names out there like Maidana, Guerrero, of which they will never fight. Hell, Floyd wouldn't fight Maidana after he destroyed Ortiz, thats why Floyd chose a knocked out Ortiz instead; what "champion" does that????? Broner had Peterson, Garcia, Rios, Matthysee, Alvarado all available to him before he chose Paulie Mags, and that was strategic in that Mags has ONLY KO'd 5 GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! There's no risk there.

Comment

I just don't think Broner is that good. I mean he is solid. Isnt he like #6 P4P? That is crazy.

I tried telling yall that Broner would not steam roll Paulie.

Comment

Broner should've stayed at 130 knocking out Featherweights so he could receive the praise Golovkin is getting...

Comment

Working...
                    X