No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Hopes To Beef Up Stable With British Olympians

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan Hopes To Beef Up Stable With British Olympians

BOLTON’S Amir Khan wants to sign up Britain’s Olympic boxing heroes and make them professional stars.

The 2004 Athens silver medallist has linked up with Oscar De La Hoya to create Golden Boy UK Promotions to give British boxers the chance to fight on both sides of the Atlantic.

They have spoken to gold medal winners Luke Campbell and Anthony Joshua as well as silver medallist Fred Evans and bronze medallist Anthony Ogogo.

Campbell, Joshua and Ogogo are mulling over whether to go professional or stay amateur, while Evans is adamant he is staying in the unpaid ranks for another year at least.

[Click Here To Read More]

First sort your own career it out and your chin before ruining other people's careers

Comment

Originally posted by itchum77 View Post
      First sort your own career it out and your chin before ruining other people's careers

Khan is the face of british boxing. He hasnt had the most succesfull career right up to now. He has made loads of money and has crossed over. He would make a good advisor.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P DESTINED View Post
        Khan is the face of british boxing. He hasnt had the most succesfull career right up to now. He has made loads of money and has crossed over. He would make a good advisor.
        What makes you think that? Khan might be OK but his handlers Team Khan are extended family and former cab drivers known to low ball fighters and thieve contracts from hotel rooms from former conditiining coaches. On top of that it took them an eternity to realise Amir had no defense and get a new coach. Would you really want a bunch of Bolton Cab drivers advising you on your boxing career?

Comment

Chin or no chin. Out of the european fighter I at least give Khan credit for crossing over unlike the other europeans where they're scared to fight away from their back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
            What makes you think that? Khan might be OK but his handlers Team Khan are extended family and former cab drivers known to low ball fighters and thieve contracts from hotel rooms from former conditiining coaches. On top of that it took them an eternity to realise Amir had no defense and get a new coach. Would you really want a bunch of Bolton Cab drivers advising you on your boxing career?
            Sure if by low balling you mean giving fighters there biggest payday then yeah you might be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
              Those same cab drivers are gonna make me millions and a household name then yeah. Y the **** should i care if my opponent is lowballed? As long as he fights thats more money for me. Lol. ******.

Comment

I wouldn't say he's the face of British boxing anymore.as an advisor I don't think he'd be any better

Comment

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
                  Chin or no chin. Out of the european fighter I at least give Khan credit for crossing over unlike the other europeans where they're scared to fight away from their back yard.
                  That and the fact that he graduated to fights where we all knew his chin would be tested, not the Molina fight though. He fights with his heart and sometimes pays the price. I didn't care for him before he came to America and he seemed to be ducking, now he's looking for bigger game. He gets my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P DESTINED View Post
                    **** that,Carl Froch is the real face of Birtitsh boxing in my eyes.Amir Khan is just a ****ing novelty act and a cash cow for Golden boy.

Comment

Working...
                    X