Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Froch vs Yusaf Mack look "strange" to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, not at all.

Yusuf Mack isn't durable, can't take a punch and there was simply no way this fight was going past 6 rounds.

Comment

It was a body shot, they carry half the aesthetic but twice the wallop of a blow to the head. It might not have looked like much which would make you think that, but trust me Mack didn't take a dive that night.

Comment

Like Chad Dawson when he fought Andre Ward, Yusuf Mack was weight drained.

Froch pretty much admitted that in the post fight interview, his plan was to go hard to the body because he said he knew it could be devestating, his trainer Rob McCracken told him his own bad experience with taking body shots when he went down in weight as a fighter.

Mack was definitely badly hurt to the body, you can confirm it when the winners were announced, the ref was holding both their hands, Mack is trying to hide his discomfort but he motions his left arm towards his body, trying to quickly rub the side in order to ease the pain. It's a very quick and subtle motion but watch that and I think you'll see what I mean.

Comment

What happened was exactly what I expected.

Yusaf Mack didn't take a dive, he just isn't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
            I like Froch and I don't wanna say anything bad about him. 90 % of me thinks he won a legit fight yesterday and had a nice win. but there are 10 % in me that think everything looked a little bit strange....as if Mack was kinda "paid to lose". The first knockdown looked strange (it looks as if "only" a glancing blow landed) and the end of the fight also looks a little bit strange. And no, I didn't say the fight was fixed, I just felt Mack was "willing to go down". I know Mack lost all his big fights and also gets knocked out from time to time, BUT: fact is Mack fought at lightheavyweight and went down in weight so seeing him getting bullied by Froch in that kind of manner looks...strange.
            And the other thing is that Froch knocked NOBODY OUT in his last 6 fights apart from the Bute KO.
            I'm not saying Mack took a dive cause he would have lost anyways. But whatever.
            Maybe I am totally wrong with how I saw the fight.
            bs fight, Mack was in just for a payday, he didn't come to fight at all, he took a dive, couldn't be more obvious

Comment

Why would Froch have to pay Mack to lose to him? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                I like Froch and I don't wanna say anything bad about him. 90 % of me thinks he won a legit fight yesterday and had a nice win. but there are 10 % in me that think everything looked a little bit strange....as if Mack was kinda "paid to lose". The first knockdown looked strange (it looks as if "only" a glancing blow landed) and the end of the fight also looks a little bit strange. And no, I didn't say the fight was fixed, I just felt Mack was "willing to go down". I know Mack lost all his big fights and also gets knocked out from time to time, BUT: fact is Mack fought at lightheavyweight and went down in weight so seeing him getting bullied by Froch in that kind of manner looks...strange.
                And the other thing is that Froch knocked NOBODY OUT in his last 6 fights apart from the Bute KO.
                I'm not saying Mack took a dive cause he would have lost anyways. But whatever.
                Maybe I am totally wrong with how I saw the fight.
                you are wrong.

the first knockdown was a balance issue, mack wasnt hurt. the knockout punch had me cringing. you have to be a fighter to understand what a bodypunch does to you (or any punch for that matter), but anyone whos been in the ring knows that was a brutal punch.

i dont know if mack was unable to get up or if he had enough, either way theres nothing fishy about it. a punch like that is plain torture and mack has been stopped before on bodyshots (andrade) and they had a significant impact on him in his losses to johnson and cloud. also might i add mack doesnt get knocked out from time to time, he gets knocked out every time he loses. hes a good techinical fighter but if you can get to him you can get him out of there.

last but not least mack moving down from 175 doesnt make him harder to finish, it makes him easier to finish. when he was knocked out by andrade he blamed it on the weight and said he would never fight at 168 again. clearly at this stage of his career he couldnt turn down the money or oppertunity to fight someone like froch even if it meant cutting off and arm and a leg to make weight. even froch ackowledged after the fight that he planned to go to the body since cutting weight drains a fighters ability to absorb punches downstairs, something mack struggled with his whole career.

there was nothing strange about this fight at all, nothing. froch is a level or two above mack in addition to mack being tailor made ofr him styliscticly and the fact that mack lost all his fights by stoppage and has a history of responding poorly to body blows. the left hook to the body was a sickening punch, it would be strange if he did get up.

Comment

Could Mack of tried harder, possibly did he dive? No way. the first knockdown was a balence issue and Mack got back up if he was paid to lose he could of just stayed down then. the Bodyshots that Froch hit him with for the last knockdown were sickening, I wouldn't be surprised if Froch broke some of Mack's ribs with those shots.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    you are wrong.

the first knockdown was a balance issue, mack wasnt hurt. the knockout punch had me cringing. you have to be a fighter to understand what a bodypunch does to you (or any punch for that matter), but anyone whos been in the ring knows that was a brutal punch.

i dont know if mack was unable to get up or if he had enough, either way theres nothing fishy about it. a punch like that is plain torture and mack has been stopped before on bodyshots (andrade) and they had a significant impact on him in his losses to johnson and cloud. also might i add mack doesnt get knocked out from time to time, he gets knocked out every time he loses. hes a good techinical fighter but if you can get to him you can get him out of there.

last but not least mack moving down from 175 doesnt make him harder to finish, it makes him easier to finish. when he was knocked out by andrade he blamed it on the weight and said he would never fight at 168 again. clearly at this stage of his career he couldnt turn down the money or oppertunity to fight someone like froch even if it meant cutting off and arm and a leg to make weight. even froch ackowledged after the fight that he planned to go to the body since cutting weight drains a fighters ability to absorb punches downstairs, something mack struggled with his whole career.

there was nothing strange about this fight at all, nothing. froch is a level or two above mack in addition to mack being tailor made ofr him styliscticly and the fact that mack lost all his fights by stoppage and has a history of responding poorly to body blows. the left hook to the body was a sickening punch, it would be strange if he did get up.
                    I know the bodyshots were hard and yes, it is possible they knocked him out or even broke some ribs. It was just Mack's overall performance that looked just A LITTLE BIT "strange" to me. I am talking about the whole picture. The fight as a whole, just everything Mack did in there. And afterwards and during the fight the british commentators were talking as if Froch is a total new fighter who has reinvented himself after losing to Ward. then they said now everything is possible for Froch and they talked about a rematch with Ward in England and stuff like that. I mean, Im not stupid. I know boxing is dirty. So, I will say it again: the fight probably wasn't fixed, but there is just a little part in me that thinks Mack was told not to try to win too hard. Whatever.
                    Great win for Froch, congrats.
                    Last edited by Salardo; 11-18-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

as for the body shot: check out the end of the fight (link is below) and then tell me this doesnt look FAKE AS HELL. yes, Mack gets hit with big bodyshots, BUT: he doesnt go down, he throws a decent punch back (which misses) and only then he goes down. If you get hit with brutal bodyshots you usually drop immediately. yes, the bodyshots were hard, BUT MACK TOOK THEM AND EVEN PUNCHED BACK, and after that he goes down. cant help it guys, I just watched the end again. it looks FAKE to me. sorry guys. here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvk1c...eature=g-all-f

Comment

Working...
                      X