No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Abril vs. Bogere Can't Have WBA Title at Stake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Abril vs. Bogere Can't Have WBA Title at Stake

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn is anticipating a shot at the WBA lightweight title for Gavin Rees this year, despite a proposed fight with interim champion Richard Abril falling through recently.

Former world light-welterweight champion Rees is currently enjoying an eleven-fight undefeated run since suffering his solitary loss to Andriy Kotelnyk and had hoped to bring the Cuban to the UK to fight for the belt taken from Brandon Rios.

[Click Here To Read More]

I like Bogere. Charismatic kid. Not sure if he'll beat Abril but that's the beauty of the sport.

I'm sure Hearn is angling for step aside money/promise of next shot for Gavin. His chance will come.

Comment

Laughing at Gamboa being ranked #2.......

Comment

Gambao so good, he's rated somewhere he talked about fighting in..... lol.... watch it be Gesta.

Comment

Abril/Bogere is gonna be a good fight, title or no title.

Comment

But wasn't Abril guaranteed a fight for the title? I guess it just can't be against Bogere? Wonder why he turned down the fight vs Reese if according to them they agreed to the terms.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              But wasn't Abril guaranteed a fight for the title? I guess it just can't be against Bogere? Wonder why he turned down the fight vs Reese if according to them they agreed to the terms.
              Location maybe? Maybe he felt he might get shafted in the UK?
              I got no idear....

Comment

better and more appealing match up IMO

Bogere is a dangerous young fighter

Comment

Working...
                X