No announcement yet.

Golovkin Hits Harder Than Povetkin/Wach/Perez Says CW Sparring Partners

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I don't really rate the guy tbh but I tell you something for nowt, he will absolutely murder that overrated bum Proksa who twice went life & death with Kerry ''no' Hope.

Sick of hearing about Proksa, hes one of the worst prospects I've ever seen & I can't wait for Golovkin to show him for what he is, useless.

He gets his lights put out quicktime.

you talkin about the poor man's martinez, dog?

i cant get over how much of a martinez clone he looked to be in one or two of his performances. he's literally martinez on welfare.

right hand down the pipe. eventually golovkin will get close enough for prokza to be unable to back up, and he'll shoot the right hand at his chest. it will land on the chin when proksa tries to slip it, and that will be all she wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

i cant get over how much of a martinez clone he looked to be in one or two of his performances. he's literally martinez on welfare.

right hand down the pipe. eventually golovkin will get close enough for prokza to be unable to back up, and he'll shoot the right hand at his chest. it will land on the chin when proksa tries to slip it, and that will be all she wrote.

Yeah the Sergio wannabe or drunken Sergio impersonator as I like to call him lol
      I seen him struggle a few times against Domestic level opposition then seen him bounce back against a heavily faded Sylveste, though faded it was a good performance admittedly, since then he has gone seriously downhill.
      The straight right is what I am expecting.
      I've honestly got Golovkin in this one within six & likely between the first & third. (odds are great & I'm very confident in this)
      Horrific defense & he is a tiny middleweight. I see him leaving on a stretcher.

Comment

2006-05-06 Gabor Balogh 1-22-3
        --
        2012-05-12 Makoto Fuchigami 19-6-0

Low comp till now. Perhaps he has a weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          I don't really rate the guy tbh but I tell you something for nowt, he will absolutely murder that overrated bum Proksa who twice went life & death with Kerry ''no' Hope.

Sick of hearing about Proksa, hes one of the worst prospects I've ever seen & I can't wait for Golovkin to show him for what he is, useless.

He gets his lights put out quicktime.
          Whoa slow down there cowboy. The guy went life n death the first fight cause of his cut. He's fairly new and he probably did not know how to deal with it. Look what happened the second fight, it sure as hell was not life n death. Careful with your words, you might find Golovkin be the one going life n death vs the worst prospect out there.
          Originally posted by New England View Post

Aw come on man, so any guy that fights with that style is just mocking another fighter? I don't think a fighter goes into the gym like "I wanna be like RJJr or Martinez" and try to mimic their style.

Tell you what tho, I like both guys and I don't care who wins. But something tells me come fight night Ill be rooting for Proksa but that's cause Im an underdog guy. You have to give credit to Proksa for taking this fight after these so called "top guys" all dropped out or did not wanna take it. He MIGHT not be ready for Golovkin but he took the fight and obviously don't care about risking another L. Hard to call how this fight is gonna go but I think it's gonna be pretty competitive and I don't think it's gonna be a KO for neither guy.

Comment

Btw you are all talking about GGG's power like it's something out of this world but the truth is, his competition is no better than Super G's. Let's talk about his power when he actually starts fighting top competition and actually taking them out.

Comment

Golovkin has raw power, no doubt about that. But, power and strength can be rendered useless unless you have the skills to utilize it against world class opposition who know how to block, slip, smother and clinch properly. Just to make an example, look what Ward did to guys like Froch and Kessler, two massive punchers. He had the defensive skills and smothering ability to render their power useless.

All I'm saying here, is I think people fall in love with big punchers way too often without really looking at the big picture. Look at David Lemieux and the ridiculous hype he received for an example.

Proksa, I'm just not sure what to make of him yet. He demolished Sylvester, and Sylvester is a crafty and solid fighter. I've never seen anyone demolish and dominate him like that. Proksa has the flaw I believe of fighting down to the level of his competition. If he's fully focused and operating at his prime level, this fight is a toss up for me. Proksa isn't a one punch kinda guy, but he has solid power, he throws very accurate combinations, utilizes angles nicely, and has very good hand speed.

It really all depends on what the "real" Proksa is so to speak. The one who had issues with Hope? Or, the one who demolished Sylvester? We'll find out.

Comment

Damn right he hits hard. It also comes from his technique. Golovkin just needs the opportunity to showcase vs the champions. Like Sturm. I think the Proksa will be quick and he'll get marginal to little credit for the W though.

Comment

This is great test for GGG to really show what he is made of. I tend to let hype go by the wayside though. When it's fighting time there will be all the answers anyone needs.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Damn right he hits hard. It also comes from his technique. Golovkin just needs the opportunity to showcase vs the champions. Like Sturm. I think the Proksa will be quick and he'll get marginal to little credit for the W though.
                    I mean, dan and NE might not give him credit cause they dont think very highly of Porksa . But I think the majority of the people are pretty excited about this fight and SHOULD give him credit if he does get the W.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      I mean, dan and NE might not give him credit cause they dont think very highly of Porksa . But I think the majority of the people are pretty excited about this fight and SHOULD give him credit if he does get the W.
                      Ima bust a nut... I got ringside seats

Comment

Working...
                      X