Roy Jones Jr Or Emanuel Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Jones easy as long as he doesn't go along with an agenda and be biased

Comment

Emanuel is good at knowing what's going on in the fight. Even as a trainer he can accurately tell his fighter if he won or lost a round.

Roy is really good at knowing what a fighter is trying to do, what he's trying to setup, etc.

Comment

I do like Steward, but its always interesting listening to RJJ. I'd like to see him used more often.

Comment

one thing is for certain, HBO needs a change in their crew.

Comment

For the most part boxers always make better commentators than analysts do. That's not to say all commentators should be ex-boxers, because many have tried it over the years and quite simply sucked at it, like Tyson and Foreman. However guys like Jones, Tarver, and Hopkins (on FNF) make excellent commentators and have much more depth to their comments than angry old men like Merchant and trainers who somehow always claim to have known the result was coming like Steward.

George Foreman was hands down HBO's absolute worst commentator of all time, though. How the hell he managed to call (badly, at that) so many big fights is beyond me. He'd pretty much **** on anybody who wasn't a come forward brawler or a guy with a big punch.

Comment

I hope HBO will fire Steward, he even don't see the punch landing. He saw Williams get knocked out by a right hand of Martinez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTWylfLdCcc

Comment

Nice to see that Emmanuel voted for himself in the poll.

Comment

Roy is too dumb to be a commentator.

Comment

Working...
                  X