Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd just robbed us blind and his getting away with it. A cool 25m guaranteed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd just robbed us blind and his getting away with it. A cool 25m guaranteed.

Geez, It's crazy how Floyd fans defend the cheap shot he did on victor. How can a boxing fan credit that as a good punch from a so called great fighter?

How can anyone credit a punch that was obviously a sucker punch?

How can you say it was an amazing show by Floyd after that stunt he did? Geez I don't understand how a fan would accept it as a good job by Floyd.

I think that was on pathetic display of unsportsmanlike behavior, whichever way you look at it that wasn't going to improve Floyd's legacy. No credit there. Not even any style points lol..

Floyd just robbed us blind. And he is getting away with 25m guaranteed.

Highway robbery. And he is doing it right in front of our eyes. Genius? or are we just dumb schmucks to fall victim of his antics?

At an elite level, any pro fighter can knock out a guy whose guard is down. Anybody can knock out anyone easily. Geez it's like saying an nba player can't take an easy 20 foot jump shot when not guarded, of course it's easy to get that shot in for an NBA player.

Same as boxing, you get a free shot. Your going down lol. That's why what's so impressive there? nothing at all lol

The 3 amigos ****ed up not just Floyd, including Ortiz and Cortez leaving everyone in bad taste. Hope this gets in *****s thick skull. It was unsportsmanlike and a cheap shot that's all there is to it.
    Last edited by Spoon23; 09-19-2011, 10:36 PM.

how the hell is a fourth round knockout a robbery of the fans?

ortiz was told "lets go" by cortez

he had already apologized.

he could have easily done the very opposite to floyd
    he had just committed a flagrant headbutt.

why shouldn't floyd protect himself?

why shouldn't he box when he's told to box?

victor didn't even react to the first hook by protecting himself.
    he looked to cortez (who was not even looking at the fight at the time of the first hook, and is a subject for another day)
    and when he was looking away he got hit with the right hand

this was all legal
    it's not even a cheapshot

you guys don't understand professional boxing if you think that's a cheapshot. you protect yourself at all times. that means that when you're told to box, you are boxing at all times, and protecting yourself is your responsibility.
    when you cant protect yourself or gain your feet after ten seconds the fight is over. for the game to work you have to protect yourself.

victor ortiz is a complete bonehead
    and it cost him.

he's never been the same upstairs since the maidana fight

he's going to have a short career. enjoy it while it lasts.
    he's made his money
    his big fights are not down the road, they are right in front him him.

he gets hit a boatload. why develop him, when he will never develop into a great boxer?
    and he's 24 years old and he's been knocked out twice and been in a fight of the year type war where he was down twice.

i seriously doubt that GBP will start to rebuild with him again (fight with soto, maybe a fight with guerrero [i think ortiz is a horrible style for guerrero and would knock him out

ríos if they can deal with top rank
    berto rematch if berto can start selling some tickets
    maybe maidana rematch

he gets in there with floyd again he's getting stopped again. no reason at all to have those two fight again.
    floyd couldn't miss with the right hand.
    Last edited by New England; 09-19-2011, 06:51 AM.

Comment

im guessing you never saw guys like casamayor,holyfield,sandy saddler fight lol
      ortiz got what he deserved.he tried to headbutt at least 3 times,and not to mention all the rabbit punches he was throwing.it was complete ass whooping up until the k.o and it didnt need to last 12 rnds.i wish pac woulda did that to mosley so we didnt have to watch 12 rnds of that ****

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        Floyd just robbed us blind. And he is getting away with 25m guaranteed.
        If you are that concerned about $70 (and probably several people watched), then you REALLY need to step your game up.

$70 dollars? Really?

Comment

To me, this fight proved only one thing.

Ortiz hit the jackpot for making noise at the right time and the right place. He will never be top class material. He's a good boxer, but waaaay too naive for the highest world of boxing.

As for Floyd, he blew his own fight, more or less.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
            To me, this fight proved only one thing.

Ortiz hit the jackpot for making noise at the right time and the right place. He will never be top class material. He's a good boxer, but waaaay too naive for the highest world of boxing.

As for Floyd, he blew his own fight, more or less.
            What Ortiz said afterwards was the most telling as far as I'm concerned. He didn't scream rematch, didn't claim foul. His old metal matter is the difference between him and world level. The boy just don't like taking shots.(and he ain't got the skills not too)

Comment

Be honest though, you would have done the same to guarantee another 20+ million for your next fight.

Comment

real talk..... if i wanna see cheap shots i can check out worldstar hip hop all day.........not illegal but classless.

if your the best beat him in the ring and dont look for a way out.

Comment

Originally posted by r3robinson View Post
                  real talk..... if i wanna see cheap shots i can check out worldstar hip hop all day.........not illegal but classless.

if your the best beat him in the ring and dont look for a way out.
                  EXACTLY. if you consider yourself an atg/the best there ever was then you don't need to cheap shot your opponent to win. floyd should have man up, take the high road, and continue schooling/punishing ortiz for the next few rounds then knock him out the proper way...if he did that then more people would be praising him instead of ****ting on him like we are now.
                  Last edited by Bermuda; 09-19-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    EXACTLY. if you consider yourself an atg/the best there ever was then you don't need to cheap shot your opponent to win. floyd should have man up, take the high road, and continue schooling/punishing him for the next few rounds then knock him out the proper way...if he did that then more people would be praising him instead of ****ting on him like we are now.
                    if the ref said fight,it isnt a cheap shot lol.he had plenty time to defend himself

Comment

Working...
                    X