No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angulo Doubts He Will Land Canelo Shot on May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Angulo is confirmed then?

Can't think of any available Junior Welterweights atm, i'm sure theres plenty

Comment

I didn't even think about trout, I was thinking along the lines of angulo, or lara, hell I wouldn't even mind if Kirkland fought him seeing how Kirkland came back after that KO loss to the Japanese guy

but yea a fight with trout would be interesting, and he prolly deserves it the most out of anyone, plus it would be a unification bout, champ vs champ

Comment

Don't really think Oscar wants to put Canelo in there with a dangerous fighter like angulo.

Comment

Angulo is probably the leading candidate the get a Canelo shot. He's mexican, offensive-minded, damaged and past his prime, and has a decent following.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
            I find it rediculous that people are shooting down Angulos chances against a guy who has not proven **** against true junior moddleweights minus old Mosley. I like Canelo he has good skills, decent speed and good power, but look at who he has looked good against, former welter and junior welterweigts, and older guys. Once he fights a true young hungry 154lb fighter then we can really see what he is all about. Angulo has real heavy hands and 1 punch ko power and he times his shots well.
            I agree he hasn't fought any top jmw's angulo is a good test.

Comment

Originally posted by nm2tx32 View Post
              GGG can make 154?
              He says he can but as a fan, I don't think he should. He's a thick dude, I'm sure he already has trouble making 160 and that's why he gets sick a few days before his fights because dehydration affects your immune system. He's better off staying at 160.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              It most definitely is not a ridiculous statement. Angulo still his tremendous power & ginger can be hit. He'd be the biggest fighter ginger has faced to date.
              I don't think he's bigger than Cintron (who beat him).

Comment

I've never even heard of GGG, I had to look him up and in looking at his record he looks like a beast, how good is he? I would love to see him up against Martinez if not Canelo

Comment

there really shouldn't even be a discussion as to who is canelo's next opponent,it should be trout,the man who beat cotto,thats the reason canelo fougth josesito lopez because he said he earned it by beating Ortiz,so whats the difference here? trout earned that fight too by beating cotto,if trout isn't chosen then I think the next best fighter to test canelo is carlos Molina,but is should be trout

Comment

he's looked rather deteriorated since returning from a year in detention, and went life and death with an unheralded career welterweight last time out. why wouldn't he expect Canelo to pick him?

Comment

for Canelo, any opponent who isn't Trout is a travesty.

Comment

Working...
                      X