No announcement yet.

Lets put the 5th fight talks to bed already.... 4 were enough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets put the 5th fight talks to bed already.... 4 were enough

I don't post much on here but I must say that the talk about a 5th fight sounds crazy to me and would like to discuss it in detail. I've been ending all 5th fight conversations with my friends with just one question: If it were Marquez on the ground asleep after a HUGE left hand by Pacquiao would we even be talking about another rematch?... no we wouldn't. We would take that as Pac being the better of the two and left it at that. So that begs the question, why do we need another fight? because it was exciting? come on. They did this fourth fight because the previous three left many questions unanswered. Many felt Marquez won the last fight. Manny wanted the rematch as much as Marquez did, Manny wanted to end it badly and so did Marquez. The KO brought closure to this series. Marquez is nearly 40 years old already, big payday or not, there is nothing else he can do in Boxing that can match what he did on Saturday night. On that note just walk away.

Now let's say there will be a rematch... OK boxing gurus when will that be? do you think Manny is just going to sit for a couple of weeks and then decide to jump right into the ring VS JMM? no F-ing way!!!

Manny if he fights again will take a few months off. More than likely fight a tune up vs a soft opponent. That will be a good 8 months from now. Then if all goes well sign up for a fight vs Marquez about 6 months from there. So we're talking about anywhere from 1 year to 18 months from now.

So is Marquez supposed to sit idle during that time and fight again at the age of nearly 42? come on give me a break. So what happens if JMM losses do we have a 6th when he is 44?

Enough is enough, IMHO I think they should both retire. Both are great champions who should walk away with their winnings and their health. The timeframe does not work specially for Marquez. Recovering from a KO like that is a time sensitive issue which Pac should not rush if he wants to recapture anything he had. I personally do not think fighters recover from something like that specially in the twilight of their careers... your thoughts..

A good fight is a good fight, and im not against watching a good fight. Personally, id like to see pacquiao cotto II, winner faces marquez.

As far as marquez, he is in the last leg of his career, and there are only a few good fighters/matchups with him id like to see, cotto being one. While cotto would be he bigger man, marquez is a brilliant tactician, so who knows how that would turn out.

After the third pac-marquez fight, i wasnt thrilled about seeing a fourth. Wasnt too much action, had its moments, but it was a letdown from the first two. This fourth fight was awesome, both men fighting and laying it on the line. Imo, pac was well on his way to a decision victory, maybe even a ko, the way he was laying it on marquez.
    Last edited by ~AK49~; 12-11-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

marqez should fght rios in mexico and retire

Comment

Completely agree. This has run its course. Four great fights to remember, two great champions. Why would Marquez even want another fight? Maybe he does one more to make major money and walk away, but not with Manny. You're exactly right about the timing being against him.

Comment

for jmm this shouldnt be an enough revenge if he wanted to prove his better than pac
          he was getting busted by pac, with left hands

it kind of like a save by the bell type of fight but instead it was a save by the KO
          which occurred because of pac stupidly jumping in to the punch

i dunno if he is satisfied with that KO
          i certainly wouldnt if i was him

the Marquez vs Pac 5 will greatly be up to JMM
          if it doesnt happen heres this reasons
          1. he is satisfied with the KO
          2. he is giving pac another chance to messed up his face again
          3. pac might not be there anymore to jump in towards his punch to save him from another broken nose
          4. he is afraid that 5 might end differently

if he got pacs number and MONEY MONEY MONEY and lots of MONEY is always there when they fight why shouldnt he take the 5th another easy fight?

Comment

V in Mexico. I'm sure pacman would agree.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
              for jmm this shouldnt be an enough revenge if he wanted to prove his better than pac
              he was getting busted by pac, with left hands

it kind of like a save by the bell type of fight but instead it was a save by the KO
              which occurred because of pac stupidly jumping in to the punch

i dunno if he is satisfied with that KO
              i certainly wouldnt if i was him

the Marquez vs Pac 5 will greatly be up to JMM
              if it doesnt happen heres this reasons
              1. he is satisfied with the KO
              2. he is giving pac another chance to messed up his face again
              3. pac might not be there anymore to jump in towards his punch to save him from another broken nose
              4. he is afraid that 5 might end differently

if he got pacs number and MONEY MONEY MONEY and lots of MONEY is always there when they fight why shouldnt he take the 5th another easy fight?

What nobody seems to address is the focal point of my argument, which is the timing. Who in their right mind thinks Marquez should wait a minimum of 16 months to fight again. Manny is not going to jump right back in the ring vs Marquez. You want to talk about busting up, let's look at the reality which is manny got dropped by a big right hand in the 3rd and then was put to sleep in the 6th. He suffered a devastating knockout that has the potential to end a career.

What else does Marquez need to prove? That he can do it again at the ancient age of 42? Is it whoever scores two KOs in a row the winner?

The timing of it all hurts jmm a lot more than pacquiao. At the age of 39 Marquez is already pushing it, at 41-42 he is playing with fire. He should walk away with his huge victory and his health.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution KO View Post
                What nobody seems to address is the focal point of my argument, which is the timing. Who in their right mind thinks Marquez should wait a minimum of 16 months to fight again. Manny is not going to jump right back in the ring vs Marquez. You want to talk about busting up, let's look at the reality which is manny got dropped by a big right hand in the 3rd and then was put to sleep in the 6th. He suffered a devastating knockout that has the potential to end a career.

What else does Marquez need to prove? That he can do it again at the ancient age of 42? Is it whoever scores two KOs in a row the winner?

The timing of it all hurts jmm a lot more than pacquiao. At the age of 39 Marquez is already pushing it, at 41-42 he is playing with fire. He should walk away with his huge victory and his health.
                He doesn't need to prove anything,he just might want to cash in big time when he finally is in the position to do so. It's prizefighting, remember?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  He doesn't need to prove anything,he just might want to cash in big time when he finally is in the position to do so. It's prizefighting, remember?
                  Sure and I would support the decision say pacquiao would sign the dotted line next week for a fight in may at the latest. That's just not going to happen. Marquez needs to think about my second point which is if it was him knocked out would manny fight him again? I don't think so. If Marquez would had lost in the fashion manny lost pacquiao wouldnt give him a rematch. The answer would have been, what for I just knocked you out.

If Marquez fights again it needs to be in a few months (summer time) vs Bradley or rios. After that win loose or draw he should retire.

Pacquiao if he is smart should take a nice break of a few months away from boxing. After that get back in the gym to train, if he still has the hunger and the skill then make a fight vs a soft opponent. If he wins then challenge mayweather for all the marbles. Heck even say he will fight for free to call him out. Nothing more out there for pacquiao to recapture his aura then to beat floyd. I don't think it will happen though.

Comment

I don't post that much either but it's up to PAC if its. He gave this man 3 rematches and then Marquez runs and says viva Mexico and contemplates retiring. People crying the first 3 robberies. PAC shouldn't of gave Juan ass *****. These morons talking about the rivalry is now complete. That's craps up to Manny and how he feels. He owes him that much. That's like me fighting any poster on here 4 times, 1 of those times you're bound to drown. So it's up to Manny if he wants it and then Marquez go win it again and viva Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                    X