No announcement yet.

Canelo draws HUGE ratings for Lopez bout on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    This card went against a huge PPV so this is huge.
    Also against Notre Dame v Michigan State and USC v Standford.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      That's not huge at all. He did 1.6mill with Hatton, he did more than this against Rhodes too. Donaire-Montiel did 1.2.

Not huge at all. Those are disappointing #'s.
      13k posts and you say you come out with a newb post like this? This is huge for Showtime. This has set the all time high record for Shosports.

Comment

Canelo would do monstrous numbers on CBS.

His exposure exploded after fighting Mosley. Back on HBO he would be able exceed 2 million easy at this stage. On CBS he could conceivably top 10 million. You guys have to understand, if you take many of the other sports like tennis, gold, football (soccer) and put them on HBO or Showtime they wouldn't get close to this. On NBCS low calibre boxing matches were the second most watched events on the network.

Comment

Not that impressed.

Good numbers for Showtime? Sure. But the Showtime card was way better than the TR PPV. Of course it would do good numbers. The PPV didn't offer much outside of the main event. People like myself decided against ordering PPV for one fight when I could get 4 solid fights for free, and watch the TR fight for free later on. If the TR PPV offered another solid fight, or 2 then I would have had a tough decision to make.
          Last edited by EPtheDon; 09-19-2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X