No announcement yet.

My thoughts on David Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    How did he get exposed if most already knew he had a crappy chin?

I said it in the other thread but you should be posting in an LFC forum, those were the fans making him out to be the next Tyson.
    stop this revisionist history

9/10 Brits thought David Price was the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Maybe 9/10 Brits on the street... but on this forum i dont think so.

Maybe i was reading the wrong threads on him, but most praise i saw came at least with a 'I want to see his chin tested' disclaimer, or 'I want to see him against better opposition', and quite a few (such as your good self) saw he had been put down many times before in Ams and wobbled at pro and were highly suspicious of his chin.

Comment

He's still a major contender in my eyes.

Fury's team have been a lot smarter in their matchmaking. Both Kevin Johnson and Steve Cunningham are 6'3" and have ko ratios of 40%. Though old, Thompson is 6'5", a southpaw, and has a ko ratio of 62.5%.

Price should fight (at least) twice more this year. The first should be a fight against an easier, but well known, opponent (Monte Barrett, for instance, is still trudging around); and the second should be against a good opponent just outside the top 10. For his 2nd fight he could take on someone like Malik Scott. He is highly regarded after his recent fight but only has a 33.3% ko ratio. That would put Price's name right back up there. Boytsov is another option. Even though he has a high ko ratio, he is only 6'1". It would be difficult for him to get near Price. By the time he's had both of these fights, he'll have fixed his defensive liabilities, and he'll be ready for a top 10 opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

It's pathetic. Demise saying Brits are fickle fans when he was the biggest Price fan on the forums until yesterday.

Just admit you were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Maybe 9/10 Brits on the street... but on this forum i dont think so.

Maybe i was reading the wrong threads on him, but most praise i saw came at least with a 'I want to see his chin tested' disclaimer, or 'I want to see him against better opposition', and quite a few (such as your good self) saw he had been put down many times before in Ams and wobbled at pro and were highly suspicious of his chin.
            There are at least 10 polls around the forums that show otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
              It's pathetic. Demise saying Brits are fickle fans when he was the biggest Price fan on the forums until yesterday.

Now they are saying well Price was matched tougher.

Lol.

Put Price in with Kevin Johnson. Price is absoloutley flummoxed by movement, Johnson would Banjo him at some point.

Comment

There are at least 10 polls around the forums that show otherwise.

More like the neck big thing

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Naw, I don't think Chisora has the power to become a champion and especially not whilst the likes of Pulev & co are around. I hope Chisora-Price happens down the line, our domestic heavyweight scene is heating up.

Price isn't done yet, you don't become an Olympic bronze medallist without having something about you. He suffered a perforated ear drum in the Thompson fight, what organ controls your balance...

Not an excuse, he's got a suspect chin but I don't think it's been properly tested yet. He's taken shots in previous fights and hasn't flinched so who knows how bad it really is.
                  yeah the wife picked up on that straight away about the ear shot , i still think if all are fit and active chisora has the beating of them all , im more convinced than ever that if chisora got inside of prices jab then he would knock him out , same with fury ,fury must be regretting it a little bit by not taking the fight after seeing price getting beat in that way and yeah are heavyweight scene is taking off , we got audley back lol , yes we can!

Comment

This was my comment after watching the fight.

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Fighters lose, prospects get derailed, I wasn't shocked after seeing this happen quite a few times over the years. When a prospect like Price is icing opponents like he was, people think "he is just that good". So they move them up in competition, often faster than they should. Obviously he wasn't ready for Thompson in spite of his knockouts. His team messed up. And as fans many of us were fooled by all those knockouts.

Comment

I've never been a fan of Price.

The only discussions about British boxers on here is about Tyson Fury and that's about it... Both Price & Fury never looked great but I thought Price was the better of the average two.

Wrong about what? Who was the guy who posted Fury dropping Price in the amateurs and Price getting rocked in his debut?

I knew all along Price had a suspect chin but did not expect Thompson to be the one to check it.

Comment

Working...
                      X