No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko Sees a Challenge; Wach Says "I'm No Cruiser"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko Sees a Challenge; Wach Says "I'm No Cruiser"

As BoxingScene.com reported Thursday, Wladimir Klitschko will defend his WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight titles against Polish challenger Mariusz Wach on Nov. 10 in Hamburg.

Klitschko's management company announced the bout Thursday and said it will be the first time the fighter has fought a taller opponent. Wach is 6-foot-6, more than an inch taller than Klitschko.

''The challenge for me is his size because, for the first time in my career, I'll be meeting an opponent who is taller than me and has a longer reach,'' said Klitschko, the super heavyweight champion at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. ''Wach is unbeaten, has a strong punch and irrepressible resolve.''

[Click Here To Read More]

I am really looking forward to Wlad fighting a taller opponent. Is it being televised on any U.S. Networks?

Comment

Im in Hamburg that weekend so think I'll try get tickets for the fight.

Comment

Still a trash fight, though.

Shame everyone else is ducking Wlad.

Comment

He's no cruiser but he's a slow big lump of poop. No threat, Wlad will grind him down like he does the usual foe.
          Wlad to rematch Haye next year, if Vitali retires.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
            I am really looking forward to Wlad fighting a taller opponent. Is it being televised on any U.S. Networks?
            EPIX may pick up the fight. However, the fight was just announced and there is nothing on their site as of yet. And trial offers are always available on EPIX so you will not have to pay to see the fight.

Comment

The only intrigue I see is what punch will knock Wach out - will it be straight right or left hook?

But to be completely honest intrigue will be the same with every other possible Wlad's opponent.

Comment

Wlad's never fought anyone taller than him? Or just never taller with longer reach? I thought Thompson was taller than Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Wlad's never fought anyone taller than him? Or just never taller with longer reach? I thought Thompson was taller than Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                    He's no cruiser but he's a slow big lump of poop. No threat, Wlad will grind him down like he does the usual foe.
                    Wlad to rematch Haye next year, if Vitali retires.
                    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Comment

Working...
                    X