Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dereck Chisora finished as a heavyweight contender?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Was Dereck Chisora ever a legit contender? Or was he just a tough journeyman with a top promoter who got him into fights with contenders?

He's had 4 losses in his past 5 fights.

Will he ever again have a world title shot? Will he ever again get to fight a top heavyweight contender like Fury, Pulev or Haye?
    He lost five of his past 6 fights.

He lost to haye twice.

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
      you mean like Tyson Fury?
      If he's in shape, he's definitely a threat.

Comment

Maybe, his stock has gone down alot with the KO loss

Comment

I doubt he'll ever become a champion unless he picks up his workrate and learns to cut off the ring, but I'm sure he'll stay in the top 10-20 for a a few years.

Comment

I dont see him winning titles anytime soon but there are lots of good fights out there for him i feel.
            I wouldn't say hes that good of a fighter ,but hes not that bad either...certainly not in a poor divison like the HW one.

The real top fighters in the division aside, i think Chisora is game enough to be competitive against most in the division.

Comment

The poll results indicates a lot of people think he still has a future as a heavyweight contender.

Comment

He's a B+ fighter, He'll beat 95% of heavyweight but lose to the "Elite's" I could see him winning some euro titles in the future, I'd like to see him fight Povetkin at some point.

Comment

he was finished before he began!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    chisora is a much better fighter and talent than fres oquendo

i think he'll do more than barrett as well. and grant was a talent, but the guy did nothing with it.

chisora's also got a trump card to play:
                    he sells tickets in the UK.
                    oquendo was a solid HW a few years ago & has been on the short end of a bad decisions & he's fought many of the top guys the last 15 or so years. i just used him as an example of a gatekeeper but he does sell tickets & That's a bonus. andrew golota was the same. even after a few DQ's & when he quit vs tyson he could still pack MSG so he was always getting good fights.

Comment

Chisora can come back strong for sure hes only 28 ! But maybe at the top level he needs a new trainer!

Comment

Working...
                      X