Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Welterweight in history that could go through Oscar's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    Oscar had a shockingly tough resume, with most of the fighters he went against in their prime or still elite.
    Mosley X2
    Hopkins
    Sturm
    Trinidad
    Ike
    Floyd
    Pacquaio
    Vargas
    Whitakker (although he was past it by than)
    etc.

I'm thinking of a few.

Ray Robinson
    Ray Leonard
    Hearns
    Duran
    Wifred Benitez

The obviously problem is close to Prime Hopkins at 158-160. I don't see Wilfred, or even Ray Leonard having much of a chance against a 6'2 ATG fighter like Hopkins. I think the MW Version of Duran would have dropped against the Hopkins who fought Oscar and Tito as well.

Guys like Trinidad and Vargas were extremely dangerous as well as the Roided Up Mosley that Oscar went to war against twice.

ASSUME that you can just use the Prime Version of each Welterweight over and over again. Do you think anyone can go through that resume undefeated?
    I'd remove benetiz and I don't think Duran would beat hopkins (though I would spasm in my pants if he did) but otherwise yeah, maybe

Comment

• Hearns has a good chance imo

Comment

• Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
        I like Hopkins, but lets face it, his biggest win at MW was againts a WW (Trinidad) . Hagler would beat Hopkins, he would straight break him down, these guys of the past were hungry, had amazing stamina, and did not take breaks like Bhop, they just put in work for all 12-15 rounds. People keep bringing up his physical advantages like his height, but he doesnt fight tall..so his size dont mean nothing.
        Nobody is breaking Hopkins down.. What the hell.
        Also Trinidad the 160 version? Will be a top 2 MW today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          You probably thought it would of hurt my feelings but unfortunately it didn't.
          i didn't mean to hurt any feelings, it's unknown to me why you would think i had that in mind. it was just a frank observation in a discussion.

Comment

• leonard would, hearns another good bet

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
              Nobody is breaking Hopkins down.. What the hell.
              Also Trinidad the 160 version? Will be a top 2 MW today.
              LOL..Hagler will out work Bhop and break him down. Bhop wont be able to hurt Hagler. And Hagler wont let Bhop take his little breaks. Tito at 160 a top MW today..?..not sure about that, he went up and straight blasted the hell out of Joppy..proving only 1 thing that the MW division was weak..Tito best weight was 147/154..at 160 he wasnt the same. Oh and Joppy went 12rds with Bhop after Tito knocked him out..crazy how styles make fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                LOL..Hagler will out work Bhop and break him down. Bhop wont be able to hurt Hagler. And Hagler wont let Bhop take his little breaks. Tito at 160 a top MW today..?..not sure about that, he went up and straight blasted the hell out of Joppy..proving only 1 thing that the MW division was weak..Tito best weight was 147/154..at 160 he wasnt the same. Oh and Joppy went 12rds with Bhop after Tito knocked him out..crazy how styles make fights.
                Who did Hagler beat that was as good as BHOP

Comment

Working...
                X