Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dredd best film of the year yet bombs at box office???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a hard sell to Fat Yanks when they probably have little or no experience of the source material.

It's Limey comics, basically. I hardly used to read 'em myself... always read Spider-Man instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Based on that it's a remake of Judge Dredd. Do you need anything more.
      It is not a remake any more than Christopher Reeve's Superman was a remake of the 1948 Kirk Alyn TV serial.

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      Was it better when it was called The Raid?
      I'd heard that about Dredd, that it was similar in "plot".

Comment

Judge Dredd? How can you even walk up to the ticket booth and ask for those tickets with a straight face?

"Can I have two tickets to Judge Dredd 3-D please"

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          Judge Dredd? How can you even walk up to the ticket booth and ask for those tickets with a straight face?

"Can I have two tickets to Judge Dredd 3-D please"

lol
          Yeah you can't because you're too poor.

Comment

I saw this movie tonight and was very impressed by it. I'm not a major action movie fan, and the plot was incredibly similar to The Raid (almost like the guy had sat in front of The Raid with his notepad) but it was good.

I see it's a co-production between the UK and South Africa of all things. However, it's set in a future Fat Yankland, and all concerned put on Fat Yank accents. (Don't knock it... you all watched the Dark Knight movies, right?)

I genuinely believe that if ten people reading this crap went to see this movie, then at least 6-7 of them would believe that it was a film worth seeing.

If you're an American, then here's just some of the things this film gives you:

* American accents.
            * People shooting guns
            * Lots of violence
            * Some shots of fat people.

If that hasn't made you book your tickets, I don't know what will.

Comment

I'll admit the reason I haven't gone to see this is because of the original.. maybe i'll check it out now. could become a cult classic.

there are movies like end of watch though that are taking the luster out of seeing this one.
              it got released at the wrong time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                I'll admit the reason I haven't gone to see this is because of the original.. maybe i'll check it out now. could become a cult classic.
                This is the HUGE problem that film has. Everyone remembers that Stallone piece of crap.

I'm a big Stallone fan, I think he's underrated as an actor when he allows himself to actually act (Cop Land, for example, sharing the screen with Keitel and ISTR DeNiro without disgracing himself). However, Judge Dredd has to be one of the three worst movies he ever did, an utter piece of crap.

Judge Dredd was actually a character from independent Limey comics, created in 1977, that's the source text. This film is NOTHING like that Stallone debacle, it's INCREDIBLY violent, and utterly different in tone. They're like night and day. I'll give this film 7/10... I gave that 90s version 3/10.

Comment

... I was just checking it out on IMDb.

It's got the guy who played Avon Barksdale in The Wire in it. I thought it was him, but I didn't want to feel prejudiced in case it wasn't.

Comment

no way it can be better than TDKR

Comment

okay.. is judge dredd the one with stallone and wesley snipes?

Comment

Working...
                      X