Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson: which fights would you recommend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
    Yeah, Johnson II doesn't have the drama or excitement of the first fight.

It was a much more educated and smarter performance by Dawson. He didn't stand in front of Johnson and fight him on the inside a lot, like he did in the first fight. He also did a better job picking his shots from what I remember. Before he used to throw these fast five punch combos that were getting blocked a lot and sapping his energy. He cut down on those.

IIRC correctly, I think one or two of the judges giving Johnson five rounds in the rematch. That took me by surprise because I really couldn't see giving Johnson more than three, TBH.
    yeah the rematch wasn't too hot. dawson did what he had to do, and i think johnson got several gift rounds.

dawson's fun to watch as far as speed and skills, but that's about it imo. i'll still watch his fights as long as someone else i like ain't on. i'm ready for his fight with pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
      Dawson lacks a killer instinct, which may cost him popularity points, but I think his a great fighter. I notice you have Bute in your sig, is he as good as people on this forum make him out to be?
      Yea, Bute is the truth. Great southpaw and a great body puncher.
      Originally posted by Shadows View Post
      Yeah, Johnson II doesn't have the drama or excitement of the first fight.

It was a much more educated and smarter performance by Dawson. He didn't stand in front of Johnson and fight him on the inside a lot, like he did in the first fight. He also did a better job picking his shots from what I remember. Before he used to throw these fast five punch combos that were getting blocked a lot and sapping his energy. He cut down on those.

IIRC correctly, I think one or two of the judges giving Johnson five rounds in the rematch. That took me by surprise because I really couldn't see giving Johnson more than three, TBH.
      Correct. He did some of that in the Ruiz fight. His handspeed was blazing in that fight, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Gotta watch the Adamek fight.
        I havent seen much of Ademek is he a good fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
          yeah the rematch wasn't too hot. dawson did what he had to do, and i think johnson got several gift rounds.

dawson's fun to watch as far as speed and skills, but that's about it imo. i'll still watch his fights as long as someone else i like ain't on. i'm ready for his fight with pascal.
          I finally got around to watching Pascal Froch, I think Pascal is a great fighter maybe a lhw version of Shane Mosley. I think Dawson Pascal is going to be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler Jewnior View Post
            Yea, Bute is the truth. Great southpaw and a great body puncher.
            Do you think a fight with Bhop is a good fight?

Comment

Thanks for replying.
              Have you seen johnson II and if you have is it any good?
              Dawson gave him a boxing lesson, don't pay mind to the official scores in that fight it was nowhere near that close.

I gave Johnson the 12th round only but even that could be debated.

Comment

I finally got around to watching Pascal Froch, I think Pascal is a great fighter maybe a lhw version of Shane Mosley. I think Dawson Pascal is going to be a great fight.
                yep. pascal will bring out the best in dawson

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Dawson gave him a boxing lesson, don't pay mind to the official scores in that fight it was nowhere near that close.

I gave Johnson the 12th round only but even that could be debated.
                  Thanks for replying
                  I think im going to skip that fight, I really did like Johnson I though, that was a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
                    yep. pascal will bring out the best in dawson
                    I cant believe I only discovered Pascal recently. Im not sure who im going to be rooting for now, lol

Comment

His fights with Harding and Mendoza are not bad from what i remember.

Comment

Working...
                      X