No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oner: Aydin Gained The Respect of The American Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oner: Aydin Gained The Respect of The American Fans

Turkish welterweight contender Selcuk Aydin failed to knock out Robert "The Ghost“ Guerrero but surprised and impressed most spectators with a great performance in an action-packed WBC interim championship fight on Saturday night at HP Pavilion in San Jose. After 12 close rounds local hero Guerrero was awarded with a unanimous decision win but admitted that "Aydin was the toughest opponent I had in my career so far. He is tough!“

[Click Here To Read More]

Without a doubt. He gave Guerrero a beating and made him work for the decision. Props to both fighters for putting on a great fight.

Comment

Aydin landed most of the quality, clean and hard punches in the fight and staggered Guerrero a couple of times. But in this era of computerized punch-counting, lighter punching quantity usually wins out over quality. Tellingly, though Guerrero threw many many more punches, he only outlanded Aydin by about 60 punches or so.

The 117-111 scorecard of one judge was a travesty.

Comment

If he used his jab more to set up his powershots, he could've got his job done. But he did it, like, only once or so last night.

Comment

Definitely earned my respect. Great guard with fast power shots coming at the right times. No way was he winning with it, but he fugged up Guererro's game plan pretty good. Would like to see him around more as he could give anyone fits and is always dangerous.

Comment

He sure did.

Comment

I'll fall in the minority then, he really didn't earn my respect, a fighter who doesn't emphasize on winning rounds, doesn't put his punches together and is looking to solely land hayemakers...that really doesn't do it for me. At most I gave him 3 rounds, he somewhat did his thing but he was suppose to considering the circumstances, Guerrero coming off a 15 month layoff and surgery, if that weren't the case Aydin would have gotten slapped around the ring in my opinion. Aydin needs to show me more because as of now I see him losing to Malignaggi, Alexander, Solomon, Joseito, Berto and the list goes on and on. Unless he knocks out the fighters I mentioned, he isn't getting a decision. He's like Abraham in that sense.

Comment

I liked watching him fight last night. I couldn't believe he was still throwing that hard in the 12th round. You would think he would be tired from throwing those hard shots all night. But he was still in there in the 12th trying to knock Robert head off. He should get all the respect from us fans he's one tough fighter. He lost the fight and he had no excuses. I would like to see him in there with some fighters at 147. I could see him knocking out some pretty good fighters if he gets the big fights at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  He's like Abraham in that sense.
                  haha, you beat me to it.

He's definitely the welterweight Arthur Abraham.

Comment

Very good fight,AYDIN can give us great fights with all top welterweights around.

Comment

Working...
                    X