No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sources: Bute-Pavlik, 90% Chance of Happening in Nov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sources: Bute-Pavlik, 90% Chance of Happening in Nov

Multiple outlets in Romania are reporting that Lucian Bute vs. Kelly Pavlik has a 90% probability of taking place in November. InterBox, the promotional brand behind Bute, reportedly made Pavlik an "offer he can't refuse," according to a source within InterBox who spoke with the outlets on the condition of anonymity. Bute will defend his IBF super middleweight title against undefeated Jean Paul Mendy on July 9 at the Romexpo Exhibition Centre in Bucharest, Romania. If Bute and Pavlik agree on the terms, the fight will be televised in the United States by Showtime, which has an exclusive agreement with Bute.

[Click Here To Read More]

great fight. i hope it goes. pls no canadian judges tho.

Comment

Pavlik has his work cut out for him. Hopefully this is the first fight that premieres on CBS, would be a nice kick off bout...
      Arum said he thinks boxing could return to prime-time network television on CBS this year. But if it happens, it will probably be without Pacquiao because he might be too expensive.

"Manny makes between $20 million to $30 million a fight," Arum said. "How are you going to leave that kind of money on the table to fight on free TV?

"I'm not ruling it out completely. But I don't know that you could make it work (economically)."

If not Pacquiao, Arum said, former world middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik might be a candidate for a CBS bout.

Pavlik, 29, has a compelling life story, as he has battled alcoholism. Arum said he thinks there are enough worthy super middleweight opponents for Pavlik to create a good TV matchup.

"Lucien Bute is a possibility," Arum said. "Andre Ward. Carl Froch. There are lots of good fights for Kelly."

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/pacquiao-...121851244.html

That would be sick

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
        Pavlik has his work cut out for him. Hopefully this is the first fight that premieres on CBS, would be a nice kick off bout...
        Arum said he thinks boxing could return to prime-time network television on CBS this year. But if it happens, it will probably be without Pacquiao because he might be too expensive.

"Manny makes between $20 million to $30 million a fight," Arum said. "How are you going to leave that kind of money on the table to fight on free TV?

"I'm not ruling it out completely. But I don't know that you could make it work (economically)."

If not Pacquiao, Arum said, former world middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik might be a candidate for a CBS bout.

Pavlik, 29, has a compelling life story, as he has battled alcoholism. Arum said he thinks there are enough worthy super middleweight opponents for Pavlik to create a good TV matchup.

"Lucien Bute is a possibility," Arum said. "Andre Ward. Carl Froch. There are lots of good fights for Kelly."

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/pacquiao-...121851244.html

That would be sick
        That would be cool.

Comment

I can't remember the last time Kelly looked good. I mean like the Kelly that beat Taylor. He's only 29, but could he be past prime already?

Comment

bute is going to definitely box him ala hopkins but i have a feeling pavlik is going to get a late round stoppage

Comment

Bute will get koed,Pavlik will stalk him and break him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
                I can't remember the last time Kelly looked good. I mean like the Kelly that beat Taylor. He's only 29, but could he be past prime already?
                He looked good in his last fight,i was impressed.

Comment

WAR PAVLiK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Bute and Pavlik is a real good fight for both fighters I like Bute in this one because Kelly seems to flat on his feet can't wait for this fight hope it happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X